PLEASE HELP! Strange anxiety symptoms

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi!

I've had health anxiety for years but only recently I've been getting and overcoming the symptoms such as; foggy head, light headedness, aches and pains. And all sorts of specific ones!

But for the last 4 or 5 days I've got a new symptom of weak legs but when I tense a muscle, say when I smile it's like my facial muscles twitch or spasm.

Usually when I have symptoms for a couple of weeks I move onto another one, especially after reassurance. But I would like some reassurance on this topic please!

4 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sam,

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

I've had stress problems for 4 years now and it all started when I lost my mother.

Only lately i noticed a new form of stress causing nerve pain on my left arm as well as chest pain.

Luckily i have done blood tests as well as ECG both of which were normal.

However, most people do not understand that stress is related to a hormone called cortisol which is controlled by another hormone called ACTH ( adrenocorticotropic hormone). Chronic stress is caused by these hormones anomalies. Fair enough, excercise helps as well as nutrition (stay away from caffeine), but it wouldn't hurt doing hormone blood tests for reassurance smile

Take care

Alex

• Posted

Thank you very much for your advice Alexandra! I am awaiting some blood test results but I will go through what you said with my doctor smile
    • Posted

Sam,

No worries. Loads of peeps have got stress problems. Only those who care about their mental health do something about it.

Thumbs up to that! I am awaiting for hormonal test results as well.

Good luck to both of us. Let us know how your results were. Big smiles

• Posted

I'm having pain in my left arm (bicep area). This morning it was in my elbow. Last night I even talked myself into having jaw pain. All symptoms of a heart attack. That seems to be my biggest fear. Using stress away essential oil, 1/2 an Ativan and prayer. I'm so sick of this!
    • Posted

I had an echocardiogram and a holter monitor test last year and they both checked out ok. When I'm experiencing these symptoms, I take a 1/2 of an Ativan, my symptoms go away. So I'm pretty sure it's anxiety. What do you think?
    • Posted

It is definitely anxiety.

When you're relaxed do you have those symptoms? Hopefully not. So its only up to you and your ability to control your mind.

Most phsychologists say "do not try to avoid panick attacks" and they're right.

First of all you should talk to people you know about the fact that you're facing stress/ panick disorders and second, i would suggest a book called "panic attacks workbook" by David Carbonell...what an amazing phsychologist/therapist.

If that doesn't work ( I doubt it ) then go to a psychologist. .before poisoning yourself with drugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.