Please Help! Struggling with anxiety, crying and depression.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi i had happily been on Evorel Conti patches for 11 months when in january 17 i was hit with terrible anxiety and crying, mood swings, low mood, night sweats, hot flushes back. My doctor did try me on a couple of different hrt's but they didnt make any difference (have since been told i didnt stay on them long enough).

Few weeks ago crying on the phone to my doctor she decided it wasnt hormonal but depression and told me to increase my anti depressant. I didnt want to do this but was desperate felt like i was going mad!! It has taken away the really bad anxious feeling in my chest but i am still feeling anxious and still have crying on a daily basis.

Yesterday i attended an hrt clinic they have told me to double my patch for 8 weeks to see if it helps. I am so confused is it hormonal?, depression? So tired and sad of feeling like this, impacting greatly on my life and bringing up 2 small girls.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions it would be really appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi 

I have come across your article whilst searching for help with depression anxiety possibly caused by perimenopause. Firstly I really hope you are now in a better place and the increased hrt patches worked. I was wanting to know whether the hrt treatment has worked as my Dr has asked me to decide if I want HRT or antidepressants as I too have for no other reason suddenly overnight developed extreme anxiety, depression and a feeling of claustrophobia that I am trapped and unable to breathe. This has been with me constantly at a high level for 14 days so far . I am due back at the drs this week to make a decision but obviously am concerned re the hrt risks but everything else I read about antidepressants doesn’t seem to show that it works. Would be grateful to hear where you are at with it all at moment . 

• Posted

Hello is anyone out there !

I’m post menopause and have been suffering terrible with anxiety and depression, tried several AD but with little success, in fact made me worse!

I convinced my GP to give me Estrogel and have been using it for two days, I have a Mirena coil for Progesterone, I feel really sick this morning, I’ve been putting one pump on each arm.

Anyone out there that’s post meno and it has help anxiety and depression?

Please reply if you can I’m at my wits end with life !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.