PLEASE HELP suffering with unexplained condition for a year now

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I have never posted to one of these forums before but I have become increasingly desperate for answers. I am a 19M (6’1 and 170 pounds) and for almost 1 year now I have been suffering just about every day with a debilitating illness. The symptoms include lightheadedness, pressure in the head and eyes (which a lot of the time will move from my entire head to force behind my right eye), and a thick layer of what I can only describe as a brain fog surrounding my mind. It started with very isolated cases in November and December of 2020 (I got covid tests but all came back negative) but then on exactly January 1st 2021 it flared up and progressed every day over the next month to the point where it constantly felt like I was fighting to stay conscious. I went to urgent care and the ER the first week and they couldn't find anything. It continued to remain for the next few months until I had a short period in the spring where it was less noticeable, but still there. This ended when one day I woke up and it had returned full force.I have been suffering with it ever since, up and down but never gone. It became worse again in August and has never lessened. I have gotten an MRI of my brain and sinuses, EKGs of my heart and brain, measurement of electrical signals coming from my brain, and multiple blood draws testing for a multitude of things with no answers. I have seen multiple doctors including a cardiologist for my rapid heartbeat, a hematologist, a neurologist, and others none of which could find anything wrong with me. I have tried almost everything to try to even get temporary relief of my symptoms including medication, diet, exercise, and even hyperbaric oxygen (not consistent ) therapy none of which have seemed to help. There are however two main things I found that make my symptoms dramatically worse. The first is caffeine. I used to have a cup of coffee every morning but since it began I have found that it exacerbates my symptoms for sometimes multiple days at a time. The other thing is marijuana. I would consider myself a very occasional user of weed (and never anything stronger) and when my symptoms began I thought it may help to alleviate it only to find it made them much worse for almost a week at a time. I have sworn off of both substances for almost a year now although I do still sometimes drink but it does not seem to have a major effect on symptoms. I have just finished my first semester of college and almost every day of it has been a struggle due to this. Things such as driving, working out, homework, or even hanging out with friends have become incredibly difficult for me. It has also made it harder for me to sleep at night and I now sometimes I take low level prescription pills to sleep. I am beginning to lose hope that I may ever feel normal again and am desperate to try anything that may help my condition and give me my normal life back.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You and I are going through similar things. I posted something similar but it's getting checked right now. To cut things short I've been having this constant dullness in my head for 10+ months now. I feel spacey and out of it constantly kinda like brain fog. This all happened from me panicking after throwing up from drinking in January. I got clean brain mri, bloodwork, and thyroid. On Paxil my 13th day. Nothing feels like a normal day anymore. I've tried breathwork, supplement, medidation and I still feel off?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.