Please help. Swelling in and pain behind both knees

Posted , 3 users are following.

woke up Wednesday morning with a really sharp pain behind both my knees which hurt to bend. Behind both knees there was a swollen area which felt like they were full of fluid. There was no bruising and no real redness. I don't suffer from arthritis and now 3 days on my right leg has returned to normal but my left is still slightly swollen. 

Does anyone know what could've caused this? I haven't felt ill or had any other symptoms. 

I was drinking the night before along with boiling hot weather and a fair bit of walking but found it strange that behind my knees swelled on both legs. 

Please help! 

Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

To add Iv been told by a few people it could've been due to the hot weather but I'm not too sure
  • Posted

Sounds to me like a bakers cyst . I have had  them, sometimes they stay for months 

pam

• Posted

Hi Pam,

Would they affect both knees at the same time? And like I say my right knee now feels a lot better where as my left is still a little sore

• Posted

I am not a medical person, but I have had them in both knees . Felt almost like a golf ball ..usually a sign all is not well. I have just had my first knee replacement
    • Posted

Yeah, mine feel a bit like flat, puffy sort of swollen compared to a golf ball
  • Posted

They were difficult to feel unless I was standing with my legs straight rather than bent .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.