Please help terrible anxiety 9 weeks on Prozac 20mg

Posted , 1 user is following.

still terrible anxiety despite 9 weeks on fluxotin e20mg. Am I being impatient? very shaky all over?

please advise. At my wits end

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Rosemary, how are you feeling now? any improvement? i think after 9 weeks you should have seem some improvement.

I lasted 3 1/2 weeks and my gp told me to stop as the fluoxetine made me worse. i know it takes weeks for any improvement but it made me feel so unwell my whole life stopped. i was unable to move from the sofa, lost a stone in weight within 2 weeks, couldn't work, sleep and struggled to care for my son. Mu anxiety was off the scale and severely debilitating. I've almost finished reducing (from 20mg to 10mg) so should stop completely within the next day or so.

please see your doctor and discuss how you are feeling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.