please help very nauses

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 58 year old woman, not over weight. About 1 month ago I started feeling very tired and getting nauses, different times during the day. I am at the point now where I can barely get off the couch because any movement makes me sick and I'm always very tired. Been to the doctor they don't know.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Sorry loni you are feeling v. poorly.  Motion sickness? and lethargy; or more nauseas in a dietry way?  There are tablets you can take for sickness in general.

Diet is always helpful to look at regarding tiredness; as the way we process iron and sugar etc, all have an effect and anti oxidant foods can improve blood; so like salmon and iron rich foods can boost energy levels. i'm sure you have that under control; but thought i woudl metnion it.

the GP shouldnt' be saying 'i don't know' and you shouldn't let it rest at that, so i think you should ask for a second opinion ; for example have they taken a blood test? This can check for things like eosonophil? levels and the like. A diabetic test can be carried out etc. Please go back and request at least on a blood test for both of these.  A urine test can also be standard. 'don't know' is not an answer i like; so i would think about asking for a second opinion or changing GP Surgery. 

your job in life is to look after you; and i know it is difficult when you are not feeling so well, so ask a friend to come with you if possible; as they may be more inclined to be more helpful with an audience, and it gives you some support. If not, you could consider paying a fee to see a GP privately; and ask them what tests you could have and ask them to pass a recommendation back to the GP Surgery.

Let me know if you can think of anything else,illness wise, you have been suffering with prior to this (within teh last couple of years)as sometimes these things can impact other things.. maybe not, but if there is anyting else it may be linked.

Hope you can get some assitance more than what you hve received so far - and hopefully get you back to normal soon so you can enjoy life.. smile

• Posted

Hi Loni

You say you've been to the doctor's! So what you just accepted that they did'nt know! No med's given, no blood test etc? If not, think you need to be either going back and insisting that you are unwell and they look into it, or see another doctor! Good luck.

• Posted

Hi you should try to go back to see doctor and insist you're not feeling well and need further exams. There's always an answer it just might take a while more for the docs to figure it out. I don't have a clue what it might be, I heard about low vitamin  b12 can make you feel very tired but I'm not a doctor. That's what they are trained for. Good luck finding some answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.