Please help. * Warning for graphic picture of my anus.*

Posted , 9 users are following.

I’ve had intense, chronic itching of the anal area for more than 3 years now. My doctor thought worms and prescribed vermox. She says it may be a yeast infection but the antifungals never made a difference for long either ( although there was temporary improvement). So now she just prescribes a steroid cream, which I stopped using AMA due to the fact that it damages skin if used repeatedly and i felt it was making the situation worse. She said to keep using it until the symptoms were gone but it had been a month with no real effect and increased inflammation.

I’m at the end of my rope. It never stops. Theres alway irritation no matter how careful I am, the skin is thin and easily breaks ( I only use a bidet.)  There appear to be little white blisters in the area as well as dark red chapped areas. I asked if it could be cancer or anything serious but she said I was being a hypochondriac. I don’t know what to do. I think I need a second opinion but I’m scared to go to a second doctor and get the same treatment.

Sorry for the picture its literally all I can think to do. I'm so depressed. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have that horrible condition that goes and comes. I have found that my itch and pain comes after I have a difficult bowel movement...the area gets inflamed when that happens, so I then start eating much more fiber and that gives me more need to go again, and again ... sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. I have been used moistened baby towels for about five years when somebody over here suggested that. Back then I had more than ten horrible itch and pain episodes ... A DAY!....Since the towels came I have perhaps one or two itch episodes per day. On my 61 years of age I have come to the conclusion most doctors try the trial and error technique, and not only on our condition, but in most cases... so I rarely take a doctor seriously; I always get a second or a third opinion on most times. I do not think that is cancer... Hugs.
    • Posted

Hi

I wasn’t sure if you still have issues.

Too much fibre is actually bad for you and can create poor stool quality. 

Fiber without water will not be beneficial either. 

Everyone is different however I found 2.5 litres of water per day is sufficient if I am not exercising. 

• Posted

Oh bless you. I really feel for you. I too had for about 3 years. My issue was poor hygiene combined with unhealthy lifestyle. Constipation leading to fissure and haemorrhoids. 

Are you in an itch/scratch cycle? It looks really sore. Are you scratching a lot? I went through a really busy period in my life where I scratched a lot in a short time frame and made my skin extremely sore. It felt like leather after a while. 

How is your diet? Any food allergies that you know of?

It could be hormone imbalance or an imbalance of your intestinal gut flora or it could be sensitivity to something in food causing inflammation. 

All of the above are notorious to find but there are some home tests you can do to find out the above although not entirely sure about the hormone imbalance which can obviously happen during and after pregnancy. 

When did you first get an itch? What was happening at the time? For example, We’re you stressed, poor diet, constipated. 

• Posted

I actually never scratch. Cut my nails right down and I don't dare touch the area if I can help it. Im not eating dairy or wheat at the moment to experiment and no sugar incase its candida. You might be onto something with the hormones as I have PCOS. I actually cant remember exactly what was happening at the time but I know it came on pretty  suddenly.

• Edited

I use only flushable wipes when I go to the bathroom.  Also, try Vaseline or calmoseptine ointment. Both soothe. Do not use toilet paper at all.
  • Posted

ive had it for 7 years now ive tryed everything and nothings worked or doctors wont try. ive googled my life away and nothings ever worked

• Posted

Not a yeast infection. It does look like anal eczema which can be treated with steroids and other anti-itch ointments or creams.

• Posted

hi, are you still having this issue ?

did you get micro tears as well from thining of the skin?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.