please help was treated three weeks ago and now its back

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was treated with flagyl for bv three weeks ago, my symptoms were gone for a week and then i got a yeast infection, now my bv symptoms are starting to come back. i've been having the discharge and the smell but the smell is very mild. im calling my doctor tomorrow but i wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before? im certain the dr will give me the flagyl again but if i get another yeast infection then the bv could possibly come back again and it will be a continuing cycle.. just wanted to know others experiences

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Stop taking flagyl. It will not work. The bacteria is resistant. See if your doctor will try Doxycycline.

• Posted

try every medication except for flagyl. im convinced it causes the infection. all its ever done for me is make things worse. try boric acid as well. it only gives me temporary relief, but the smell of my discharge never got as bad after boric acid,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.