Please help,weird nerve problem getting worse

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

i am a 36 year old guy.about 6 years ago i woke up in the middle of the night with severe stabbing pain in middile of my left side of the head.the pain was running from the left side of my head down to the left side of chest,around the nipple area.following days the pain continued...i also had my ears ringing...with tremosrs all over my body ..mostly on the left side.now here comes the weird part...ever since that happened..i dont know how to describe it.. i can feel two distinct nerves or atleast i think they are nerves.,...they are like two lines that i can feel on each side of my head.now the lines(nerves) run from the joint of my jaw upto my forehead on both sides of my head...and if i rub my face or head from left to right or right to left i can feel them move accordingly...also if i clench my jaw i feel the lines(nerves?)tighten....now here comes more bizzare part...if i concentrate too much on these lines(nerves?) or clench my jaw a lot i feel them fading...weakining....and when that happens i experience a loss of balance....vertigo....head spinning...tremors...ears ringing etc.now i immediately consulted an MD physician when it first occured 6 years ago..he asked me to do a CT scan....and gave me some anti deprassants and anti anxiety meds...the report of the CT scan was normal....and after taking his meds for like week my pain and ears ringing and tremors were gone...however i could still feel the lines(nerves) on my head though.since then i have consulted with several neurologists....but none of them were able to detect exactly what was wrong with me...my blood pressure is normal..and i have done CT scans a few times...and they all came normal...now for past few months its getting worse....the lines(nerves) on the both side of my head seem to be fading a lot and causing aforementioned problems...along with severe tremors...and sharp itching sensation at the tip of my toes sometimes..as you probably already can tell...its very hard to describe the exact problem.....can anyone shed any light on it? what am i suffering from?has anyone else here faced the same conditions? should i get EEG and EMG done?please help.

thanks in advance

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI

also i forgot to mention...ever since that happened....i cant sleep on a flat pillow...if i sleep on a single flat pillow....i feel like those lines(nerves) i mentioned in the above post are sinking away and i start feeling dizzy...so i have to sleep with atleast 3...4 pillows.

• Posted

Hi Jay ~

About 6 mths ago I fell out of bed...I was sound asleep and bam! I was on the floor and I'm not sure if I was knocked out or not but I did have a huge bump on the side of my head.  I have pills for vomiting, dizziness etc...they did a CT scan on me and I had a definite concussion and the doc said that it could take up to a year or so for this one to really heal.  

I did notice that "neurojohn" asked if you bumped your head.  It sounds silly and that you would of course know if you bumped your head, but like for me, I was sound asleep and if my husband wasn't with me, I would have woken up on the floor and not sure if I would have noticed the bump because by the next morning, it was there but only slightly.

In any case, how about a neurosurgeon?  It  is def an oddity of the symptoms  you're describing another idea is, perhaps have a journal handy and jot down the feelings you're experiencing at that exact moment and time.  This way, you can reference all to the doctor and it will possibly help determine your care.

I wish you well and hope for the best, right?!

Frustrated

• Posted

oops, I got ahead of myself.  When I said perhaps you see a neurosurgeon, it could be your neck.  You mentioned symptoms  are worse when lying on one pillow..that made me think of myself when I had a fracture in my neck and I had all crazy symptoms...although an auto accident caused that injury.  Again, good luck confused
  • Posted

hi jay have you ever banged your head at anytime has you can remember.?you said it started over 6 years ago i take it the medications not working like it should be and your still getting the shooting pain. did you get to see a neurologist because it sounds has like   neuropathic nerve pain in peripheral neuropathic pain or peripheral nerve compression  another thing have you needed any dental work lately or sensitivity to any teeth because it mite also be on the autoimmune disorder side of things  have your gp tested for vitimin deficiencies ?  but i honestly think you should see a neurologist if you do look for the best out there . and wish you well .
  • Posted

Hi jay

I am sorry to hear that you haven't had a diagnosis so far. Believe me I know what is like. I wonder wether you have Trigeminal Neuralgia. Explore.

I am myself thinking of consulting a neurologist in Germany they do listen to the patients.

• Posted

Hi jay

Iam haveing the exactly same problem as you are haveing !

I thought i was the only one haveing these its been 3 months now , doctors and everyone is confused i havent had a day that i havent seen a doctor ver since , ive done blood tests waiting for ct and mri scans nxt week , iam geting wierd sensetions all around my body just recently that started , but the lines of nerves around the jaw in both sides i knw what you mean , when i clench my teeth i can feel them its so wierd , they said its trigeminal neropaphy but the dont know what couseinh it , could be a autoimmune disease or a antibiotics ive been given few months a go flucloxacillin , some thing has irritated the nerves system it could even be a vitamin deficiency,

Iam on 100x3 carbamazepine a day just started it 3 days ago it took some pain and sensetions away but like you said that neve line is always there

Has your symptoms improved at all or has it gone worse as time went ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.