Please help with sweating in groin area?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I've suffered with hidradenitis for about 8+years, I have it in my groin and buttocks area, I've already had 2 surgeries and awaiting a 3rd in next few weeks.

I have been in my new job for about 9 months but am struggling at mo, I sweat quite abit in groin area, I have 2 flare ups that won't stop bleeding for last few months and am constantly wearing dressings, my job as a receptionist involved sitting down a lot and my work place is so warm too. Do any of you know of anything that I can use or take to help with the sweating, I'm sweating that much I leave marks on the seats which is embarrassing and I constantly feel like I've peed myself.

Any help and advice would be grateful appreciated.

Many thanks X

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chuckles27

I'm assuming that you're female but please forgive me if I'm wrong.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma with regard to sweating but I've always found that if you're in pain, which you obviously are, then this alone would make you prone to sweating more anyway. 

I've suffered with HS for many many years and the only advice I could give you would be the obvious ones i.e. only wear cotton underwear as man made materials will cause you to sweat more but I'm sure that you most probably already know that. As for your work place, you could ask if you could have a desk fan if you haven't already got one. This helped me enormously when I used to work in an office. I always found that if I kept as cool as possible it was a great help. As for leaving a wet patch on your seat again stick to clothes that are made from natural materials particularly on your bottom half as that's where you're mostly suffering. I know it's not always easy to find but it should help you a great deal.

I hope this helps a little and wish you luck with your forthcoming operation and a speedy recovery.

Kind regards

• Posted

I second what anne said about natural materials, especially with regards to underwear. If you can wear a skirt, even better. I wear scrubs for my office job, and the doctor buys them for us so they're cheap and 100% polyester and don't breathe at all. So I wear cotton shorts underneath them.

That said, I like to use powders in that area to keep me dry. My favorite is called Silky Underwear, I think it's made by Lush. It also smells great so it really helps with the odor issues from HS as well. Anything with a cornstarch base would work though if you're looking for a cheaper option. Just don't use Talcum powder, it's been linked to cancer. Also, don't use it when you have any open sores.

I know there are moisture-wicking panties out there. I've never tried them, but I've heard they can help keep the sweat under control. If you don't have a fan in the office, buy one. I have one that I plug into the USB port in my computer at work and can discreetly fan my...well, you know.

Don't be afraid to get creative. You might even try looking on message boards for people who suffer from Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and see what methods they use to help keep the sweat under some kind of control. Good luck!

• Posted

I also have HS. I went to my doctor because l sweat a lot he put me on Zinc pills twice a day. I been taking it for two months it's been working for me.I hope l was a help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.