Please i need advise.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Today I start a 5 week course of Prenisolone 5mg. I start off with 8 tablets daily then reduce. Do i take all 8 tablets at the same time or spread them out throughout the day?? No guidance on these so i thought i would ask people who actually know what they are talking about.

Stevie xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you take them all at once. Get some natural yoghurt to line your tummy to prevent the steriods from stripping your tummy lining and giving you 'the munchies' xx
  • Posted

Hello.

Just make sure you take them at the same time each day.preferably morning.

I was given omeprazole to help with the stomach lining and heartburn.

Maybe see if you can get some off the GP.

Take care

X

• Posted

I have been given them pills to line my tummy. Thanks for your help guys much appreciated. Did you two have any side affects? Xx
  • Posted

Hi...I'm on that dose at mo too...as already stated take in morning as they can interfere with ur sleep at nite. I also get script for omeprazole to help protect the tummy from the effects of them MJ 
    • Posted

They usually tend to space me out and weaken my muscles...hate taking them but have no choice at present  x MJ
  • Posted

Hi dottie89 I have been taking prednisolone at various dosages almost continuously since September 2013. Never been offered omeprazole but you must take calcium prescribed by your doctor to offset the potential damage longer term damage steroids can do. Make sure you take steroids every day & come down off them slowly. Coming off them is not so great for how you might feel emotionally but all the feelings you might have will pass so stick with it but make sure you talk to someone if you don't feel great. Also you need to carry a card informing you are on steroids or taken steroids even up to a year afterwards I think. 
  • Posted

Might be wise to ask for some Calcium tablets too, I always took Adcal with Pred, as it can have some nasty side effects. Thankfully I was always fine with it, but very hungry!

Chris Warr.

• Posted

Thanks for all ur help. I have not slept probably in two nights. I am always thirsty. Is there anything you can take for this to help me sleep. I have been taking them at 8am as instructed but dose not seem to make a difference.

So i need to ask a chemist for a blue card??

And take calcium tablets?

Sorry to many questions all new to me lol

stevie x

• Posted

I take them all at once w/ some food. I drink a lot of water throughout the day & the NetiCal Vit D+Calcium supplement is a must...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.