Please let it end.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have been chronically depressed on and off my entire life. Now at age 59, it just keeps getting worse. Have tried everything: God, meds, therapy, etc. NOTHING works. So tired of is all. I just want to go to sleep and never wake up. This pain, this burden of life this emptiness never ends. Now having health issues on top of it all. Feel all alone, no one really cares about me any more I am truly alone in life and always will be.

JUST WANT IT ALL TO END.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

I am going through the same thing, tried everything, and the depression won't go away. But we can't give up. I refuse to give up and let depression win. Every day, I pray and I try to imagine that I am happy. Sometimes that actually works. I also know what it feels like to feel that no one cares. But there are a lot of people who really do care. You just need to find them. Like me, for instance. I CARE! Send me a message anytime, and we can talk. Or ask your medical care provider for a list mental health providers, and keep trying until you find one that works. Please don't give up. I WON'T GIVE UP!

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words . I just wish God or what ever would just take me, tired of it all. Not giving up has been my mantra for years, but I am at a point where I don't care anymore. I have been through health care providers/therapists---nothing ever changes.

• Posted

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I am surprised therapy hasn't helped you get to the bottom of your issues? There are lots of different types and it can take a long time so please keep trying and don't give up. x

• Posted

I have done different types of therapy, even did TMS--trans-crainiel magnetic stimulation. That worked for about 5 minutes. Done many meds over the years, exercise, diet, etc, etc, etc.Just a bottomless pit.

• Posted

hi.

i said before on this post to add in the things that are missing in your life.

if you are scared of being social - go volunteer at your local hospital or join a local group like art or music or singing.

just anything to stop the brain-habits of I I I all the time. write your life history whatever. The brain is a machine and with those with mental problems it has got stuck in a groove like an old vinyl l record .

• Posted

and tty smiling even if it is a false smile - with your chin up! i used to run encounter groups

• Posted

hi,

sorry you feel this way it really saddens me as i too have been there and still going through but no where near as bad. i wont burden you with my issues but after so many doctors and so called professionals i finally came across a person who dealt with all issues and does CBT Therapy. i have tried this before through doctors and what a complete waste of everyones time but this new person who is private is brilliant. he gets in your brain and trains it to cope honestly i have wasted so many years feeling depressed, having aniexy and eating disorder. i would never go out but have 15 sessions i am feeling me again and that hasnt happened for 20 plus years. he has given me my life back and worth its weight in gold. i am nearly 49 so no spring chick but i now know i still have many more years hopefully and still so much to do. if you ever need any 8 formation i would be happy to help you. all the best x

• Posted

HI Sue

thanks for you kind words. I am glad it worked for you. I have done CBT in the past, never seemed to do anything for me. Glad it's working for you.

• Posted

i sincerely wish you all the love and light in the world. i hope one day soon you will start to feel better x

• Posted

someone wants you to live somewhere otherwise you wouldn't have written on here. depression stinks and makes you feel the worst, the only way to beat this is by being you. go bit by bit, day by day or hour by hour. i will pray for you, i wish you luck. keep talking, someone will hear

• Posted

thanks, i may come across as confident, sometimes i am not, i nearly took my life last year through ill health. i have something called dyspraxia, it's close to autism, i see things in black and white and work on logic.good luck!

• Posted

hi sam,

i am so glad you never took that step. you must be such a strong person and i do wish you love and light always x

• Posted

same to you sue, events push you to this but it takes lots of strength to overcome them.x

• Posted

Thing is, I am tired of being strong, losing the strength to be strong.

• Posted

in the correct place you can crumble. fall apart here. it's the strongest that find it most hard, you can't show a vulnerable side. if i crumble i can hear people whisper why, because i am human. and so are you.

• Posted

When I was younger fighting depression, always thought " some day I will have a better handle on this" but now I am 60 years old---it's getting worse. Lost my spouse 2 years ago, really don't see much point in anything any more. Just want it to end, that simple.

• Posted

Everyday, there is a chance that things will get better. There were a couple of times when I wanted to end my life, but I always thought that if I did, what if the next day was the day that everything gets better? So I keep going, because tomorrow might be the day that it all gets better. And I want to be here when it happens.

• Posted

i too have been there but now i am stronger not brilliant but do see a future now and im nearly 49 connie your post was so enlighting and encouraging to others thank you x

• Posted

Thank you Sue. I try to bring hope to anyone who is suffering and feeling like they can't go on with life. Sometimes hope is all that we have .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.