Please let me know if you have a similar situation

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i was recently diagnosed with lp of the skin and i believe i have it in my mouth as well i haven all over my body including genitals. i have them on the bottom of feet not soles and one on the palm of my hand these are painless and dont itch most of the time i am a 21 year old male im very worried and this has brought me alot of anxiety and stress i was origanally misdiagnosed the begining of this year with hpv for a small bump i had on the tip of my penis which i belive was the first sign of lp but i had been treating the bumps wirh a painful medicine that eats at ur skin it is also an imunne modifier its called aldara i have some scarring from it fast forward to now i have it all over but i dont experience extreme symptoms in my mouth it just feels like rough spots its a little uncomfortable but doesnt really hurt on my genital area it is uncomfortable and sometimes the bumps break open a little i think because of friction there is some scarring from those as well

i dont get extremely itchy in any specific locations just a little bit here and there and its not normally painful i have bumps that are widespread but pretty small and no large patches since the new diagnosis i have been treating the bumps on my body with clobetasol proportianate .05% and on my genitals i have been using triamcinolone .01% on the genital area i havent tried anything yet for the mouth because i havent been to the dentist yet because i have no dental insurance

my biggest concerns are that this will get worse or never go away im also worried i wont have a normal sex life with my girlfriend and were trying to build our future im lost on what to do and would like to know the best way to take care of this and possibly be rid of it ik its considered incurable but ive seen alot of people say theyve had it for years and some that had a complete remission and was able to go back to normal living

i appreciate any helpful comments or tips this is one of the few places i can come to discuss this in detail and feel like im being helped ive lost faith in doctors they havent been much help if not made things worse

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi iv also been diagnosed with this on my skin and mouth

like you im worrying its never gonna go or initially get worse. doctors say its fine done worry but i cant help it im petrified

i have 3 young children im in my late 20s and i feel hopeless i just hope things get better

your not in this alone

• Posted

what ive found to be very helpful is following the lichen planus support group its way more active and theres alot of info

best of luck with everything youll get theough this

• Posted

hope you do to thank you il defantly follow the group

• Posted

sorry i meant the group on facebook theres thousands of members and theres plenty of posts a day

youre questions will almost always be answered from multiple different people soon after you post too thats why i like it they are all very supportive and understanding

give it a try i think it will help you find anything youre wondering about and also put your mind at ease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.