Please, please can someone shed light in my situation?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm gonna break this down real for y'all.

Summer 2016 - went on holiday to Malta

3 weeks after the holiday - woke up in middle of night. Loud beep in my left ear followed by the air feeling completely blocked and closed.

Went to sleep.

Next day - woke up with no pain but my right ear was also blocked!!

Over the next two days it felt less blocked, but still more so than before.

I went to my GP and she did a pressure test and found my right ear is fine but my left is blocked and that it'll clear up soon.

Over the next two weeks it didn't. I found that not only were my ears blocked, but I had mild tinnitus, could make my ears click by moving something inside them? - sounds and feels like rice krispies. If I inhale through my nose my right ear closes up completely and I have to stretch my jaw to clear it. Sometimes, I find that, out of nowhere, I exhale and my hearing becomes a lot better for a few moments and everything becomes a lot louder.

I saw an ENT and he confirmed that my left ear was blocked or something - in the pressure test. He gave me a nasal spray which I used for 3 months but nothing happened. Audiometry test also came up as fine.

After those 3 months I went to see another ENT who did another Audiometry test which was clear, before checking my ear every which way. He couldn't find anything.

Now, I've had an MRI done of my brain, jaw and ears... And nothing has come up. 

Over the last few days, I feel as though my T is louder... ever so slightly louder.

A few extra things:

Weightlifting seems to make my T worse

It's currently allergy season and I suffer real bad! Is that making my T flair?

I take Minoxidl... is my T a side effect of that?

There's so much info it's hard to remember everything.

2 weeks before symptoms first started I got really drunk and threw up violently

Sometimes, my jaw stiffins as if I have TMD but apparently I don't. This stiffening is associated a lot with a squishy sponge sound in my ear.

If I remember more info I'll add it on! This is all really making me depressed, and I can't seem to figure out a solution for it. Do I have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction? Is it because of Minoxidl foam? Is it allergies or a cold? Sinusitis? I used to get a lot of colds because I do have a weak immune system...

I had two lower wisdom teeth removed in October 2017.

Please can someone shed a little light...

Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tyler, i had a bit similar situation as you, after Ear infection got subjective tinnitus one year , got paranoid and situation just got worse, then ear popping /cracking came. If you have ear/cracking popping, it can eventually get bettered, at least in my situation improved a bit, with tinnitus is more difficult. Try to figure what is causing ear popping, stress, food maybe.
  • Posted

Tyler,If you look back on this site & read my comments You'll have the answer to your questions.To save you time I'll save you the trouble.

THEY JUST DON'T KNOW.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.