Please please help !

Posted , 4 users are following.

****ive been on 50 of sertraline for 6 weeks and still feel crazy anxious.

im waking with heart pounding and stomach churning . last werk i felt a little less anxious snd actually laughed that was for 2 days after that ive plummetedinto blackness and anxiety again. i dont want to go up on the dose . please please give me hope .. as i just can barely go on and feel my life is over .

please please tell me it may still work

i took sertraline at 25 mg once before and it helped me at about 5 and half weeks .

im so desperate i did an earlier post and no one has answered

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I have been taking sertraline for 6 weeks and could say i have ups and downs. Feeling better than when i started. i still have anxiety and obsessive thoughts, but overall i can manage them better. Nevertheless, since i have health anxiety, i still wonder whether my anxiety symptoms and intrusive thoughts are caused by anxiety or something more sinister, and start freaking out. This tells me that while i see improvements, i still have road ahead on my recovery journey. Let me know if I could support you in any way.

• Posted

hey Kay

are you feeling any better?

for me setraline started working within a few weeks but I had a really good support system to help get me through do you ? are you getting any other form of help like talking therapy ? I hope you are feeling better.

• Posted

I'm currently on my 8th week of 50mg sertraline. I don't feel depressed anymore but I still have general and severe agoraphobic anxiety and really bad/scary intrusive thoughts. I just took 75mg this morning to see if slightly higher dose will do anything. It most definitely will work. Maybe 50mg is not enough for you. And you have to understand that not everyone is the same, 50mg is still a very low dose. Going to a higher dose may be your magic number. It's hard and it's scary. I have alprazolam on me in case I feel I just can't take my emotions or feel like I'm spinning out of control. You're strong and we will all get through this. One thing I've learned about my anxiety is that if I just think to myself, "who cares, whatever, it's anxiety, get over it" it can sometimes subside. Not all the time, but sometimes it helps. Keep us posted on your progress and maybe do talk to your doctor about going up in dose. We all sometimes need help and medication is help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.