Please please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm going out of my mind, terrified. I am a 34 year old woman, in reasonable health and have noticed a twitching vein on the right of my neck. It starts just above my collarbone and runs up the side of my neck. The twitches are visable and last for a few seconds at a time. It's happened 4 times today already and it's only lunchtime. I'm so scared!! I suffer with health anxiety so of course I have Googled it and think the worst! My neck aches very very slightly, but I don't know if this is due to my heightened anxiety as it does happen anyway. I'm so scared! I also had a visable twitching in the crook of my arm yesterday and sometimes feel them in my bum cheeks or tummy. Please help! Do I need to go to hospital?? I have 2 young children and I'm so scared I'm gonna leave them!!!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am a none smoker (although I have an ecig) and weight 9 stone 4 and I'm 5 foot 8 by the way.

• Posted

I get these twitches all over different times I've had vein twitches in my neck before even my face. I don't think it's anything bad our muscles is always tense from anxiety and I figure that's why they twitch. Please try to calm down but if you really worried have your Dr take a look to reassure you.

• Posted

Sounds like a muscle spasm.... I get them a lot in my knees but I have gotten them in my neck and temples... And they are visible..... But if u need to

Make an apt with the dr for a piece of mind do it! They don't care they're getting paid for your apt lol

• Posted

Hi Sammy, I know it's hard, but never Google your symptoms!!! They always show the most unlikely source of your pain ( or twitching in your case). Everyone gets a twitch every now and again. I don't think its a huge emergency. If it is worrying you, go to your GP. They can tell you the cause ( which is more than likely anxiety). Anxiety makes all your muscles tense, which causes twitching and slight pain. 

Hope this helps,Jack

Hope this helps, Jack

• Posted

Thanks everyone. It's mega scary, I think it's with it being the neck!! I do get them in other places but this one terrifies me! Will call gp during the week if it continues.

• Posted

Twitches used to always be noted as a electrolyte imblance and need calcium. So I have no real clue but id say drink a gatorade or some electrolyte drink and keep very hydrated. Also adding in a good multi vitamin cant hurt.  Add in some high magnessium foods too..avacadoes, , kale..etc..theres no harm in seeing your doctor and mentioning it, although i think it is really common.
    • Posted

Thank you. My diet is pretty rubbish to be fair so this could be likely
    • Posted

Some doctors do aortic sonograms or carotid sonograms in their offices as well. You can always ask. Just so you can with a clear concious write it off as anxiety.
  • Posted

Hello Sammy

The pulse you see and feel is one the main arteries that feed the brain. Sometimes this pulse an be seen and felt. Possibly it will be nothing to worry about, although to put your mind at rest see your GP.

I am quite a bit older than you and somtimes I was getting problems veryy much the same. These pulses can be caused by stress although it is best you talk to your GP. Get your worries put to rest.

If you feel really upset regard these feelings you can call the NHS Healthline on 111. Or phone your surgery and explain your concerns.

We are always here to chat, please do not worry.

BOB

• Posted

Hi. A long time ago I remember having a twitch in my eye for about a month no joke. I was told it was a symptom of being run down. Perhaps poor diet didn't help .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.