Please please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,  I really need some insight and advice.

For the past almost 2 years, I've been having anal pain. Its sharp, it happens randomly while I'm doing whatever. I could be laying down, sitting, walking and it shoots up to lower abdomen (around the ovaries and strikes).

It has been so bad I can't walk. I finally went to the GI, and she pretty much dismissed everything I was saying, she gave me medication for a hemorrhoid (Which I originally thought it was) but after I went back because it was was not working. Then she suggested I have endometriosis. I got a CAT scan where she found nothing and then recommended I go to my GYN.

My GYN is now putting me on birth control and also make a comment about how my uterus lining was 'abnormally thick.' (I got a sonogram)

I'm just so worried you guys. I'm 19, I haven't done anything sexual, I just want to know if anyone has had this pain before and what I can do to stop it. If it also helps, I also have a dull pain below my belly button and on my right and left side where my ovary is.

Anything can help.

Have a lovely night,

NDW

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your pain. I would recommend starting on the pill. If it helps you (after a month or 2) then that is great. If the pain stays then maybe get a second opinion. The good news is that the CAT scan didn't show any masses. The thickening of lining of uterus can sometimes be due to too much Estrogen and by taking the pill that should go away. If they were suspecting a problem they would have done a biopsy of the lining. 

• Posted

Right, I'm going to start on the pill and after a month, sees how it goes smile Thanks! 

• Posted

Hi lovely. I totally can relate. I get shooting pains up my bum like a sharp stabbing pain like I have just sat on something sharp. It only lasts a few minutes with the sharp pain but then I get cranky pain afterwards. For me it gets worse after a Bowel movement. I had a laparoscopy 5 weeks ago and they found endometriosis on my Bowel and told me that could have been the cause. They've given me antispasmodics and gabapentin and they've said that should help. So far it's not happened for the last week. I'm not sure if this is exactly how you have felt or not with the stabbing pains up your bum. I really hope you get some relief soon and you find some answers. Have they checked for endometriosis on your Bowel st all? I am wondering if that's what it is x

• Posted

Thanks! No they haven't done any laparoscopy on me at all. I'm looking for a new GI because the one I currently has isn't the best.

And That pain is similar to mines, when it's really bad I can't even walk. Thanks for the input! smile

• Posted

Update:

It's been a month since I started birth control, and I am still having this pain. 

Has anyone gone through this? if so, what did you do?

• Posted

Hi, I had exactly the same pain for years whenever I was on my period. Then it started coming in between periods. I thought that was normal period pains! It was like someone shoving something up my bottom and I couldn't walk or sit down - incapacitated completely for a few minutes. Horrible! I started having symptoms I now realize at 16 years old and was put on the pill for heavy periods. It controlled the flow but not the pain really, I was on the pill for ten years and when I came off it the pain got so bad and I was diagnosed at 34. It became so bad I thought I'd need a hysterectomy but my doctor suggested Visanne and it has been amazing. To be pain free after so many years...I'm now 44 - is amazing and has changed everything. It's not birth control but works in a similar way, I hope you can find a solution that works for you. Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.