please please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Me again, been on venlafaxine for 2 weeks don't feel any different in fact feel much much worse. Last night took 1 zopiclone slept for 4 hours then 1 zopiclone at 3:30 which did not work at all. seeing a phych on thursday! Am i on the right tablet and will things get better such a rubbish feeling. Looking At the cit forum would i be better off on this med/

Please help anybody

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear how you feel, I have no experience with this medication or I know anybody on it.,but I do know the Doctors sometimes say you do feel worse until it gets in your system.But if you really cannot tolerate it Iwould go back to the GP.Good Luck

• Posted

Hi

I was on Venlafaxine for 13 years and it did me pretty well. I should give it a bit longer.

• Posted

Hi howie

Like you I was on venlafaxine for a long time and eventually tapered down to 37.5 a day until 21/2 weeks ago when everything went pear shaped and dr upped it to 75 and have felt awful since no break in nausea or palpitations i don't remeber it being this bad first time round. Please tell me it does get better?

• Posted

It certainly did and it got me through teaching at 11-18 school with very little time off. However it does seem to have stopped working and I am back to square one. Trying Cirtriline at the moment. Hope you feel more like it soon. It really is a horrible illness killing any enthusiasm
  • Posted

Hi howie

Thanks for the support, quick question how long before side effects wear off especially nausea and insomnia don,t remember it being this bad first time round.

• Posted

Hi farawaygirl.

They affect people differently and I was lucky not to have those side effects. Hope you pick up soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.