Please please please help me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I’m quite young I’m 15 and I have been having bowel problems for about 7-8 months and it’s really worrying. Basically I keep getting clear stringy mucus around my stools. And sometimes I’ve had the tiny bit of blood on my stool but that hasn’t happened for about 3 months. And when it did happen it was only like 1 every 2 months. I don’t really eat healthy at all. Or even drink healthy either. For the past 4 months everything has been better my stress and anxiety has gone down now. I do check every time I pass a stool, which is really weird and awkward. I’ve been to the doctors twice and the first time they gave me a blood test and said everything was fine. And the second time was a bout a month after, because I knew something was wrong and they gave me this cup for a stool test, but every time I was going to do it I got constipated and other times I was busy but since then I’ve been fine the occational mucus around my stool but not as much anymore just bits of it. I had no mucus at all for one week and that’s when I didn’t drink any Coke at all, and then I went back to it and it came back again. So I think it’s a diet issue or something. There isn’t any past history of anything serious or and health problems. I’m alwaus scared of the word cancer and that’s the word that kept going through my head when this was happening at the start but it’s been 8 months it hasn’t got worse I haven’t got a lump on my stomach and the blood test would show it so that all calmed me down a bit. Basically what I mean is when I see something like an health issue like this I always think of the worst outcome like cancer. And I honestly don’t want that and obviously no one else does either. So please can someone tell me what this is I don’t know what to do. I’m only posting this now because it hasn’t gone. There isn’t any blood anymore just the bits of mucus most of the time it’s white and sometimes it’s got a hint of yellow on it. I’ve heard that this could be IBS or IBD at one point. Or these other things that is a long time health issue. Thanks for reading, please reply!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nathan, I’m not a doctor but I have had bowel issues my whole life. I am 50 and it gets pretty tiresome. One test I can recommend is called a Thermography. I get one every year and it measures heat. It measures inflammation. At least this gives me peace of mind when I can see this. They then refer you to someone if they see a problem. Also, increase your fiber, drink more water and yeah I like Coke too but I don’t think it likes us. Good luck buddy it might just be what your eating. 
  • Posted

Hi Nathan, 

you may need to look at your diet! A good idea is to keep a diary when you have bad days note down what you have eaten prior to that. Then try avoiding those things and see how that affects your bowels? Fizzy drinks are never good, water is best of all, and anything too spicy is a no no! Try this and let us know how you get on! Healthy eating is the best thing you can do! Good luck and try not to worry. Worry can be a factor too in upsetting your stomach and bowels !

• Posted

I get this mucus. It could be IBS, piles etc. Do you strain ever?

Maybe request a colonoscopy to find out why your getting this mucus. Mine can be clear and yellow like you said.

I have ulcers in the bowel which is why I get it (solitary rectal ulcer syndrome)

Also coke is never a good idea maybe limit it to once a month. Whenever I let my son have coke he always ends up abit consipated usually over christmas time therefore really have to limit it.

• Posted

Thank you all so much for replying to this!I only strain when I’m constipated. I never get abdominal pain or anything. I think it just may be what I’m eating. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.