Please read!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

Last night my father had severe stomach pains. He gets stomach pains a lot but these were the worst he had ever had. He was extremely pale and then collapsed onto the floor. He stopped breathing and completely stiffened up, his fingers and toes were all curled and was struggling to breathe and turned blue. Eventually after a minute he relaxed like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders and started to breathe again. The ambulance arrived and was taken to hospital. He was discharged a few hours later saying everything was fine, as his tests came back fine.

He still has these stomach pains tonight but is feeling better. They have no idea what caused it which really doesn't sit well with me as I thought my dad was dying right in front of me.

Any thoughts of what this could be would be great and if anyone has experienced this.

THANKS!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

my advice is to get a 2nd opinion or go back to hospital if and when it happens again.

• Posted

What tests have you got done till now? Endoscopy? Ultra Sound?

• Posted

If all his tests were O.K. it was not his stomach. The cause of his fainting was probably dehydration. He needs to drink more water throughout the day.

• Posted

Hello, sorry to hear he's going through such pains but of those tests run did they test for gallstones or kidney stones? I had similar experiences when I had gallstones. Please keep us updated and best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.