Please read and tell me I’ll be okay.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so, a couple months ago I cracked my back left molar not eating anything I was sitting in the car and noticed a piece of my tooth fall out. I had no pain or anything. Slowly it started to hurt and I put it off. I went to my normal doctors for a check up and told her it was bothering me and I was worried about infection so she gave me amoxicillin. After that the pain got so bad. I have free state health insurance and not a lot of dentist in my area take it. I eventually went to urgent care to get more antibiotics because the pain was radiating to my ear. This was in October. She gave me penicillin. The pain has not stopped in my ear! And it has gotten worse. If you drew a line down my face every single pressure point on my left side  throbs. I went to aspen dental because they had walk ins (they don’t except my insurance) in tears... they gave me an X-ray and said I had a broken jaw! My family was so worried because I didn’t know what caused that. So then I went to the best oral surgeons in my area (who also doesn’t except my insurance) and they said my jaw was not broken..... and my teeth could be saved. And referred me to a dentist. The oral surgeon prescribed me flagyl and tremedol. I have a two year old son and do not like taking pain meds like that. I’ve been dealing with the pain with ibeprophin and tylonal pms. (That don’t work at this point because it’s so bad). The flagyl was so strong and made me feel so sick. I’ve lost so much weight I can’t eat or drink anything. When I finished those antibiotics I finally felt normal for about a week besides having a wicked bad chest cold. I was coughing up a lung so bad my ribs were sore. It felt like I got hit by a truck. But I was fine for like a week. The dentist I saw told me I need to have five teeth removed (two broken and three wisdom) I need to be sedated so she couldn’t help me and referred me to another oral surgeon who takes my insurance.

So like I said I was fine for a week besides being sick Then randomly when I was driving I got the pain in the whole left side of my face again. The worst pain of my life. My temple, around my ear , my jaw, and my neck hurt. I also noticed I spontaneously had a huge painful lump under my jaw ( gland/ lymph node/thyroid?!) I started freaking out which made things worse. When I got home I took a flagyl I had left. A penicillin , Motrin and two tylonal pms and one of the tremedol. I had my mother in law take my son. And when my boyfriend got home I was screaming crying in pain. It kept coming in waves. I thought I was going to die. It felt like I was having a brain aneurism. This happened a couple times before but not this bad. I was worried I had sepsis or meningitis. He took me back to urgent care. She told me flagyl is for stomach infections. And gave me a different antibiotic. Clindamycin. I have to take them every six hours. And I constantly have a dull pain in my entire left side of my face. About four hours in my Motrin and tylonal wear off and I’m in pain. The lump under my jaw is still there and hurts. Thursday is my appointment with the oral surgeon. Who has HORRIBLE reviews. I doubt he is even going to be able to help me that day because it’s just a consult. And I need to be sedated. I work five days a week and Monday is my birthday. Next Friday I was supposed to go to a concert and we got a fancy expensive hotel room. Idk when I should schedule the extraction. I’m in so much pain and I’m worried even when they take my teeth out I’ll just have to suffer more. I’m not going to be able to drink or celebrate or even feel normal. I want to be off antibiotics and pain meds. I’ve been dealing with this sence October and it’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me and I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Anyone have any insight. Did the antibiotics make things worse? Do u think I have a disease or worse infection? I’ve had a couple nights of fevers. But nothing long lasting. What’s up with my lymph nodes? Could I get lymphoma from a tooth infection. 

I’m only 24 years old... 

how long is the recovery time for getting five teeth out? When’s the best time to schedule this with work and everything. 

Do you think there is risk I won’t wake up from the sedation. Do u think the infection has reached my brain and that’s why I’m in so much pain?!? 

Ugh please any answers would be appreciated 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, the swelling could be a cyst. Nerve pathways in the jaw run parallel with that of the ear and it's very common that pain from wisdom teeth will cause earache, headache and swelling in the glands on the neck so don't panic. If I was in that much pain I'd be straight at the nearest dentist and cancel everything else before anymore teeth become damaged to the point of needing them removed.

• Posted

I know a little of what you are feeling. I had a headache for 4 days before the whole side of my face hurt and I couldn't sleep. I ended up taking 3 vicodin during the night plus and icepack. I called and saw the dentist in the morning. I had a pocket from bone loss that had an infection added to the tooth had died. So, I was prescribed Clindamycin (which is very good for dental/bone bacteria) and an antimicrobial mouthwash. The dentist told me to take half of a vicodin along with 800 mg of motrin and they would work together to ease the pain and reduce some swelling. That is helping. It still is tender, 2 days later, but improving. The Clindamycin did cause intestinal issues but seems to be better since I've taken some probiotic and yogurt. I hope this helps. Dental issues can be very painful. I agree with the other answer and get this taken care of before anything else if possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.