Please Read I've had one

Posted , 5 users are following.

January, got surgery, they stitched me.. It didn't work as i got a cavity under wound

So in March they cut me right back open, 12cm long, 4cm wide, 4cm deep and left it open to be packed daily by nurse.. A week later got rushed to hospital coz one of the nurses couldn't stop the bleeding etc it's been the worst 7 month of my life.. I've been depressed, house bound, couldn't have a poo normally.. Everything seemed to be a NIGHTMARE

BUT 7 month down line, it's closed.. And seems to be healing ok, I'm not back at work yet as I want scar to strengthen

But I am writing this to let any one know who is going through what I went through stay strong! Eventually u will get there! Keep your chin up

And message me to ask me anything and il help u if I can on any questions etc

Stay strong and take care ! You'll get there .

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there, I'm replying on behalf of my son!! He had another op privately in London on 1st sept. The surgeon said it was complex and he went 6cms deep again, but this time he stitched it up to 1cm deep, 2 wide and about 14 long. I'm packing and cleaning daily for him, a new skill for me but so far so good. The surgeon is amazing. For the first time my son has hope, and we are both being positive. This disease is unbelievably hard to live with and you have my complete respect and sympathy for just getting up each day to deal with it all over again,  it affects every area of your life. All the best with your wound, I hope it's on the road to recovery soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.