Please read. Worried sick!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, first and foremost i don't know if i am putting this in the right place, as i haven't actually been diagnsed, so i apologise in advance if i upset anyone. I'm 26 and a mother to a gorgeous boy who's 5. I've been have very slight pain in my left breast and a very itchy nipple (no rash, no redness, no swelling, no lumps etc...) Anyway i've has 4 different doctors check both breasts and none of them are concerned in the slightest. I asked if i can have an ultrasound (as i'm 26 apparently i might have dense tissue so an ultrasound would be better) Doctor said theres no point and she isn't worried in the slightest. Ive even spoken a nurse from the cancer awareness group and she said the same and not to worry. Anyway, since then the itch has left the left nipple, and has gone to the right one, upon looking at them i have 2 small blemishes near the nipple. They don't hurt, and aren't itchy as of yet, bu the nipple is. I do suffer from health anxiety too. I've seen my doctor more times than i care to admit. I just don't know what to do from here. I've even phoned different private clinics to see if they will see me and i'll pay, and they won't. Apparently the symptoms don't justify it, or i'm too young, ot a need a gp referral. I just don't know what to do now. I know my doctors have checked them... but ive seen so many horror stories and missed and late diagnosis!!!! Sorry to go on. Please any advise or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This is evidentally worrying you, ask for a refferal to a breast clinic, it is your legal right to ask for referal and your GP cannot refuse (be it about this or anything else, just be clear what you want).

Breast cancer care helpine page, good to talk to about worries and an amazing range of leaflets:-

"Free Helpline 0808 800 6000

Our regular Helpline hours are: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Saturday, 10am-2pm

Please note: We are closed on English bank holidays

Our free, confidential Helpline is here to answer any questions about breast cancer or breast health.

Calls are answered by nurses and trained staff with experience of breast cancer. Whatever your concern, you can be confident we’ll understand the issues you might be facing, and that the information you’ll receive is clear and up to date.

We will also let you know where else you can go for further support and information."

• Posted

Hi tazchurch. Thank you for your response. I have already spoken to a nurse at Breast Cancer Care. She was amazing and absolutely lovely. Going off my symptoms she told me that it didn't sound like anything to be worried about. She said that itching alone isn't a sign of breast cancer, there would be other signs added too it. She mentioned my age and the fact that IBC and pagets is rare, along with the fact that breast cancer can be rare in woman of their 20s (although i know ladies in their 20s can still get it) she said it's unlikely to be that. She was lovely and said she thinks it's more like my anxiety is playing with me as i do have bad health anxiety (I've  literally had every part of my body scanned except my breasts, along with blood tests and gynecologist visits etc) the reassurance works for a little bit, then the anxiety of it all kicks in again. I'm hoping these red blemishes go away in the next couple of days. Fingers and toes crossed! I see my doctor again on friday (i see her weekly due to my anxiety) so I'll see if she will refer me to a breast clinic. Thanks again for your message. Xx
    • Posted

Can get a leaflet from them about signs and symptoms along with how to examine your breasts. Sent me that one and also their one on breast pain, again not a sign of cancer, and something that was worrying me as had it for over a year,  my Dr was disinterested.

If you have an iPhone there is an app called iBreastCheck which helps you check, reminds you to do so and gives information on what to look out for. Suspect there is an application for other smartphones as well.

• Posted

Well I've spoken to the breast cancer care ladies a couple of times, each time they have put my mind at ease (for a little bit anyway) she sent me a few leaflets in the post about signs and pain etc... and how to measure for the right bra... which I haven't yet done. I just hope to god these red marks go as quickly as they came. They only appeared over night... but on the opposite breast to where the itching was! My mind is in bits! I'll have a look for the app too. Thanks again. Xx
  • Posted

Kelly, you are paranoid about it.  You have seen and spoken to so many professionals there must come a time when you trust them and relieve yourself of all this anxiety.  Its the anxiety that's making your life a misery think more positively; save all that anxiety for when there is something to be anxious about.  Try pilates for relaxation and a good walk to put roses in your cheeks.  And think about your little boy and have loads of fun with him.  Prioritise.
    • Posted

Hi Poorly Person ( I do hope you are ok going off your name) 

I really, completely understand what you are saying and believe me i have this fight with myself all the time. It's draining. I try to think positively, i think right... They have been checked a few times, i've had my bloods done, i've had chest xrays (although a chest xray wouldn't show BC) i calm myself down... Then after a matter of minutes the thoughts are back. What if it is BC, what if something has been missed, If i don't get it checked again or properly, then i could be dead in 6 months. That thought process takes over... and well... here i am. I'll mention it to my doctor again on Friday. If i'm persistant enough she might refer me. Thank you for your comment, i will try some of your suggestions too :-) xx

• Posted

Yes, you guessed, I've been through it - the works.  But I still remain positive about it all.  I have an optimistic mind and do not allow myself thoughts that upset me - I can send myself into panic attacks if I do.  I find having a positive outlook does help and walking and listening to music while doing so keeps other stuff out.  Refuse to listen to your nagging anxiety and replace it with your life with your son and happiness.  Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.