Please Read. Worried Sick!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, first and foremost i don't know if i am putting this in the right place, as i haven't actually been diagnsed, so i apologise in advance if i upset anyone. I'm 26 and a mother to a gorgeous boy who's 5. I've been have very slight pain in my left breast and a very itchy nipple (no rash, no redness, no swelling, no lumps etc...) Anyway i've has 4 different doctors check both breasts and none of them are concerned in the slightest. I asked if i can have an ultrasound (as i'm 26 apparently i might have dense tissue so an ultrasound would be better) Doctor said theres no point and she isn't worried in the slightest. Ive even spoken a nurse from the cancer awareness group and she said the same and not to worry. Anyway, since then the itch has left the left nipple, and has gone to the right one, upon looking at them i have 2 small blemishes near the nipple. They don't hurt, and aren't itchy as of yet, bu the nipple is. I do suffer from health anxiety too. I've seen my doctor more times than i care to admit. I just don't know what to do from here. I've even phoned different private clinics to see if they will see me and i'll pay, and they won't. Apparently the symptoms don't justify it, or i'm too young, ot a need a gp referral. I just don't know what to do now. I know my doctors have checked them... but ive seen so many horror stories and missed and late diagnosis!!!! Sorry to go on. Please any advise or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi i am sure you are healthy. And all this worries are making you feel worse. I have been thinking the worse with my health had the full mot all my test were clear. Anxiety can make your brain go spinning. Try to rest now and that anxiety will start to claim down. Trust me it's anxiety it's nasty scary we are all the same. Take care shell
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Shell. It means a lot. I just can't help but worry about it. As i say I've had them checked (felt and looked at) by 4 different doctors and none of them were bothered in the slightest. I'm obsessing about them now. It's taking over my life. I've been to the doctors god knows how many times, about different things. I've had scans of the pelvis, ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, liver, kidneys, pancreas, gall bladder, stomach all which I've paid for. I've seen a gynaecologist about my lady parts. Ive had an ecg, and chest xray too. I think now I've got these red blotches I'm in overdrive. I can't focus on anything else. I'm hoping and praying they are gone or at least going by morning. I'm wakiny up everyday covered in anxiety. Shaking. Nausea. Fuzzy head. It's the shaking and nausea that gets to me the most. I hope you're ok Shell and you're feeling better x
    • Posted

Yeah it's anxiety all right. You sound just like me. But I am now getting it. I will never understand the evil s... but your not alone with this. Read more about people other stories .This will help you to understand the f..... .

Shell

• Posted

I've downloaded the booklet for health anxiety which was helping... but I'm at the stage now where I've drummed it in my head so much about this breast issue, then even if i try to reason with myself its just not working. It's really getting me down. My doctor hasn't seen these red blotches yet and i go to see her on friday (even though i tried to get in today too) so she might refer me. Xx
  • Posted

I know the feeling so well in june I had a mammogram on my right breadt as I found a small pea size lump just behind the nipple . 4 doctors checked it also a professor at my hospital and a scan later was told it is just a prominent dropped duct. But im still worrying just incase . I'm forever googling images of the breast and everything .its an awful scary feeling evvn being told by docs wat it is I just cant relax about it 
    • Posted

It's hard to no what to do for the best isn't it. I've had the same, 4 different doctors have a look and a feel... but now I've got this red mark on one of them near the nipple. I've googled it and it shows inflammatory breast cancer... even looking at the images, some of them look like what I've got. My doctor only looked at them on Friday  her words were "I'm not concerned in the slightest" but I didn't have these red marks then. I'm meant  to see her on Friday but I'm tempted to go tomorrow. I hate mithering them but i can't rest. I'm not even sleeping and my anxiety is through the roof. It's been one thing after another recently. I'm glad yours turned out ok chick xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.