Please reply about Vasectomy Reversal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a vasectomy about 2 years ago, and experienced a major drop in sex drive. Thank God I don't have the pain others are experiencing. I need to decide if the reversal is worth the cost. If I could go back in time, wow I know exactly what I would not do---Vasectomy.

I have read every reply everywhere I can find it, and there are only a few.

Any guys reading, or their partners, please reply and tell what changed after a Reversal.

Thanks for your replies.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've not experienced any drop in my mojo, its still all the same. Any available opportunity we get were at it like rabbit. Sorry to hear about your predicament, hope it resolves itself or you can find a cure for it. Luckily i dont have any pain anymore that subsided after about 3 months, although I do have one large bollock and one considerably smaller now.

• Posted

I have been on this and other forums for many years. had my vas 13.5 years ago. I also had a severe drop in testosterone after vas. come to find out 90% of all guys who have pain after vas almost emediatly have a drop in T. Doctors are associating it with pain or pressure build up in the balls area causing body to shut down T production because of the pain/pressure.. Get you testosterone checked asap and follow your levels for 6 months, u may be unhappily suprised. at 45 my pre vas T level was about 800, 14 months later 325, thats like an 80 year old. I was allways tired. I started Testoserone replacement at 14 months after vas and am back to normal sex drive and energy.. Many report T levels returning to normal after a vas reversal... Just my story, but like many many others. I am saving for a reversal, but life things keep stealing the money... 80% of guys say T levels got much better after reversal, but theres 20% who had other results, 3% got worse, more pain, 10% little but better pain loss, 7% no change or got better then the vas scared and plugged up again... Ya, if i only knew. The book most urologist use in school was found to have a circular referance, a referance that was wrong, it reported less than 1% of vas cases having problems. A doctor found it about 3 years ago and it was appened. Now its pretty common for doctors who are up to speed stating up to 30% have reported long term problems. Thus this blog. I am saving for a reversal, but life things keep stealing the money...

• Posted

Hi Wayne, thank you for taking the time to reply, and useful information.

I had my T level tested a few months ago, the Dr said it is on the low side, but normal, he doesn't want to give me a prescription for T replacement.

There are risks with T additions too. I am saving up for the reversal, if Vasectomy broke it, then the reversal should help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.