PLEASE REPLY- Scared- Complex cystic lesion

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just got a diagnosis today of a left sided complex cystic lesion by ultrasound. Five months ago I started having belching and gas with pelvic bloating. Two months ago, the bloating spread to my abdomen and has gotten to the point in the last couple weeks that it's hard to breathe in deep and I'm having left sided ovary pain. Not gonna lie, I'm panicking a bit. I was so panicked inside I forgot to get the size. I have all the bad things swirling around in my head right now. Especially, because I had a 9mm calcified cyst on my right ovary 7 months ago found by US (that hadn't grown from 6 months prior). Now I'm panicking that it became cancerous and spread to my left side. Especially because they couldn't view my right ovary in this ultrasound. My first response is, "Take them out! I want them gone." I know the ovaries do many things and it's always best to leave them in, but I DO NOT want to worry about this forever! Does anyone have a reassuring complex cyst story? Or reassuring words about the growth rate of these things in 7 months time?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

i had a 10 cm complex cyst that i needed an mri for because the ultrasound ppl wanted to rule out cancer. i was in so much pain everyday it was nearly unbearable. it turns out it was a dermoid cyst which is a bengin tumour. i had surgery which removed the tumour robotic laparascopy. best decision i ever made was removing that thing and you most likely will get yours removed too. did you get an mri to determine the kind of complex cyst you have? this is very important. i also took a much of blood tests (tumour markers, ca125 , cbc) make sure you do this as well

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reply! This forum is much more quiet than I anticipated, which is hard when I'm on the other end in mental agony about what might be. So...REALLY...THANK YOU!

I'm asking my doctor today to order an MRI. My primary doctor was the one who ordered the US and he just wants me to follow up with a gynecologist. No CA-125...as I know those can have false negatives and false positives. Not a super accurate test to diagnose OC and I think it would just give me anxiety right now if it were elevated and I didnt know why. I just want to cut straight to the MRI! Personally, if it is up to me, I just want these ovaries out. They should’ve taken them out a few years ago when I had my hysterectomy… but they refused to take them out because I was only 42 and "too young" by their terms. Hopefully I'll get some answers soon. Did you have the abdominal/pelvic bloating and difficulty breathing deeply with the cyst?

• Edited

Have you made an appointment with an OBGYN? if not then call Monday and get one. Typically talking to the nurse will help you get worked in quicker.

There are many reasons an ovary cant be seen on US and its very common. Especially as we age bc they shrink. Other reasons are constipation... ect

As for cancer.... if your right ovary had cancer it wouldnt look like a calcified tumor. ovarian cancer looks like a glob w/ irregular boarders. Doesnt sound like what you described. Also, if your Gp has cancer on their brain theyd get you to a cancer dr not an Obgyn. And theyd have you in immediately with an appointment that they scheduled while you were in the office. Doesnt sound like your gp is too concerned. Try to take a deep breath and enjoy your weekend! ovarian masses are very common and very few are cancerous!

• Edited

yeah my obgyn ordered the ca125, tumour marker, cbc and mri all at once so the following morning after my visit with him i just went to get the blood test while i waited to take my

mri. i didnt have issues breathing but def bloating i was thinnest i ever was at that time and my underwear was tight. i was just in so much pain and so uncomfortable and the pain went from my pelvis all the way down to my legs. i also got a d&c while in surgery because they biopsied my uterine lining because my

mom has uterine cancer which was also negative of malignancy. very happy with the way everything turned out i wish you the same

• Posted

I did make an appointment with the GYN for this Tuesday. I had a moment after I posted this to rationalize it out and had already thought of all these things. You are right. Part of my panic was based on the limited information I was provided by his medical assistant, so it sent my mind spinning. I have health anxieties anyway, so this didnt help! Come to find out after talking to the doctor, the "complex cystic lesion" is a hemorrhagic cyst. That would have been helpful to know when I was given the info in the first place. Thank you so much for helping to put my mind at ease. I really, really appreciate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.