Please respond- tender spots in back

Posted , 2 users are following.

How many of you have experienced tender spots along your spine where there's bends in the spine from hunched posture? I have a spot in base of neck, one spot mid spine, and one spot low back. They are slightly tender to the touch and I notice it more in a seated position or when my back is against something . Standing or sleeping causes no discomfort. This just started for me a couple months ago and I've never experienced before (I'm 44). Chiropractor and doctor's telling me its from poor posture. No MRI done yet. Physical therapy ordered first. Anyone experience this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like tension in your muscles, or muscle knots. Your postural muscles have to work hard to support you. I find that the group of muscles that run vertically just on each side of my spine get very tender spots. i put a tennis ball against a wall and lean tender spots against it and rotate it gently around tender spot. I do find that helps and i have just purchased a hand held massager which i hope will help too as i cant afford to get massages all the time. Never lean on tennis ball on your actual spine though and be gentle to start. Ask your chiropractor about muscle knots but an mri might still put your mind at rest. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.