Please scratch my back

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im lucky, my acupuncturist, Dan, diagnosed me will frozen shoulder in both shoulders mid Dec 2017 and thought I was in the freezing stage. He told me he thought he could get me to thawing stage and skip the frozen stage. So far so good thank God from what I've been reading. I'm just thankful I can wipe my own bum, I have never been this debilitated in my life and the non-stop pain can drain the light out of my eyes at times and replace it with tears but every small improvement reminds me that it will be over soon. Dan tells me the pain decreases dramatically at about 70 or 80 % and the last movement to come back is reaching up the back. Having this disease has certainly given me a greater appreciation for those who suffer chronic pain or debilitating physical conditions all their lives. And there are not enough characters allowed for me to go into the surprising lack of good pain meds that don't have some sort of bad side effects. Fingers crossed, Dan thinks I might be at 70 or 80 % in the next couple of months from the improvements I have been making even though I have suffered two setbacks...thus far,both my fault. May the force be with you. X 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Rachel you and I are in the same boat. Double FS since December as well. I am at the really annoyed stage of FS. I just want it to run it's course and be done. Summer is coming and we don't get much nice weather where I live. Ive got things to do that are being delayed because of this.

If you are able (I am not), and it's legal in your state, cannabis would be a great alternative to opiate pain killers. I desperately wish my employer didn't do random or it would be on my medication list for sure.

• Posted

Thanks Brent, it's not legal here yet but I do grow and it does help, that and a shot of whatever is laying around. Doctors have become so stingy here with real pain meds and medical  marijuana takes months to approve and tons of paperwork that it's just not worth the headache. I spend so much time watching s**t on TV now and my garden has gone to s**t. So many weeds to get to and with this condition I don't feel so confident what with snakes and s**t. No way could I get out of the way quick enough. I have fallen down in the garden before and don't want to do it with this. I fell in the shower with it and I can tell you it hurt. I put my arms out to break my fall, felt intense pain, pulled my arms back and fell again...s**t. My son was there to help me wash and the poor guy felt so bad as I sat in the bottom of the shower in amazing pain. I am so much more careful now, I can tell you. My acupuncturist has become my new best friend, he is really doing a great job. I'll have to get him a nice bottle of something when this is all over.   

• Posted

Can't tell you how good it is to read posts such as yours! Just to feel that I am not on my own out there and that other people understand what you go through on a daily basis.  As much as friends and family are sympathetic, the minute you stop talking about it (or moaning!) they assume you are fine again.  It is very hard for them to process just how long this goes on for!  Good luck with everything and I will definitely look into acupuncture as it is one thing I haven't researched.

• Posted

I couldn't believe it when Dan, my acupuncturist, said this could take so long. I was dumbfounded. The family have been great but it gets so boring answering the same way every time they ask 'how are you mum?' I'm so tired of the constant pain and stiffness. The mornings are the worst, this thing is hell. The nerve pain shooting down the arms is the worst but my treatments have stopped all of that. I go for acupuncture once a week and two day later a massage. I leave a gap in between because you need a day break after the treatment. For me I think it is safer and more effective that injections or surgery. Dan told me in the beginning not to let any massage work the trigger points because it just inflames the problem. Dan started out with anti-inflammatory treatments that slowly stopped the pain in the arms and now it is only in the shoulders. He is now working on the sharp points of pain in my shoulders. I had a setback with my massage the other week cause I thought we could work the knots around the shoulder blades now since he was now working on them but nooooo, it inflamed the whole area again. Luckily Dan took care of it and things are back to positive. Look for a good acupuncturist, either call a school for acupuncture and ask for a referral or visit your local Chinatown herbal shop and ask. They do a lot of cupping for this condition, I don't mind the bruises because the treatment feels like a deep stretch for the muscles and gets fresh, oxygenated blood into the muscles. Good luck Suzanne, let me know how it goes. Just remember...your stronger that this condition is and you will beat it.      

• Posted

I'm just starting acupuncture Thursday. After reading your experience I can wait to start.

• Posted

You know, the injections and operations offer quick help, sort of, but they don't. I have been going for treatment for almost 4 months and I can almost wash my whole body alone, I only need help washing my back and one armpit now. I can even put on my own jacket alone now too. The pain is the last thing to go but with the treatments it is now concentrated in my shoulders and not down my arms and I am sleeping better and for longer. That took about two months, thats only eight treatments. I hope you have found a great acupuncturist and have fast results. Good luck Luck. Let me know how it goes, I got my fingers crossed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.