Please see photo.... can anyone help I’m scared this is bad levels

Posted , 4 users are following.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

nothing to worry about there. Cholesterol is just a number and everybody's is different so the 'normal' levels have been picked out of the air and pushed down and down by the pharmaceutical industry in order to get more and more people taking statins, thus statins are the best drug money spinners ever known. The actual effects of statins on the prevention of heart disease are negligible and yet the negative side effects can be devastating. Your HDL is super and will outweigh your higher LDL . Your triglycerides are ok. To lower your LDL you need to eat at least 10 eggs per week because theyre high in HDL. By raising your HDL, it'll help your HDL to LDL ratio. I don't think you have anything to worry about

• Posted

Hi again Emma . . . your are lucky to be 'borderline' with your cholesterol levels ! Please count your blessings instead of being scared about it. My own levels and many others on this forum are way, way above borderline.

Please try to relax about this issue and dont jump into statins without examining both sides of the argument - for and against.

• Posted

Hi again Emma . . . your are lucky to be 'borderline' with your cholesterol levels ! Please count your blessings instead of being scared about it. My own levels and many others on this forum are way, way above borderline.

Please try to relax about this issue and dont jump into statins without examining both sides of the argument - for and against.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.