Please someone give me some advice. I'm so confused!

Posted , 3 users are following.

After over a year now I've come online to see if someone can help me as I begin to wonder is it all in my head?

Symptoms first begun with pain during sex and bleeding between periods, it felt like something was being hit deep inside causing pain that can travel up into the abdomen. As the months progressed common occurrence includes pain in my pelvis travelling into my stomach area, Cramping after sex and random cramps in abdomen causing extreme pain to the point I cannot move. Also have pain with my bowel movements on occasions. Along with these symptoms I feel extremely tired, breathless, faint/dizzy/pressure in my head when I stand, my whole body just feels exhausted sometimes and I havent even done anything.

Earlier in the year I found I was anaemic (I am also vegetarian fof 8 years) and after recovering a little the tiredness etc has returned and assumed it was my iron levels again but found out today that they are ok at a level of 25.

Over this year I have lost around 1stone and abit, I have not dieted and I havent exercised in around 2 years! I eat alot and when I think ive put on weight, I lose it! Now weighing 8st, I question whether this is right as people instantly comment about how much weight ive lost which makes me even more paranoid.

These symptoms seem to flare up when they feel like it, ive recently had a "good month" where it does not happen all the time but this week it has begun again.

During this year I have had a smear, pelvic ultrasound and recently seen the gynaecologist who thinks it could be IBS, strange I thought because these symptoms are not related to meals and I didnt experience alot of bloating. Could this by right?

Could the coil have this affect? However if it could I didnt experience symptoms for two years previously.

Sorry for how long this is, I really dont know what to do sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Have you had a look at Endometriosis as a possibility?

Best wishes in your search for a solution

R

• Posted

Hi, thank you for you reply. I have questioned this before, the gyneochologist doesnt want to "jump the gun" with that theory and believes it could be IBS. I am set to go back there so perhaps il montor my symptoms and ask again. Thank you.
  • Posted

Hi,I'm no expert but I do suffer chronic IBS.  I also have extreme pain in my pelvic area and the tops of my legs.        But the point I'm really trying to make here is don't rule out IBS just yet on the fact that food don't affect you,because food is not always the course of IBS. To be a bit more technical The S means syndrome which also means a multitude of things,so it's not only food.  In my case they call it a Dysfunctional Bowel,so there's just one example.  Just do a bit more digging and see what you come up with.    Good Luck.
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply. Oh ok really, yes perhaps il explore IBS more and see what I can make of it. Suppose it's just one of those things you have to learn to live with and manage. Thank you again and I hope everything is ok with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.