Please someone help

Posted , 3 users are following.

. About 4/5 years ago I had suspected Endo, the gynecologist wasn't convinced, disbite having all the symptoms. However my Dr treated me with Zoldex injection which worked a treat. After six months on them I was nearly pain free. The next year was really good normal periods manageable pain ext. But recently I have been getting the pain back, after starting the controceptive pill to help with pain I've been bleeding non stop for 10 weeks not heavy mainly when I wipe, but I'm sore and cramping all the time, I'm drained. Scans are fine. I'm going out of my mind. Can anyone relate?? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my post xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What kind of contraceptive pill exactly? Maybe the one you're on just doesn't match you, have you tried switching/trying a different one?

• Posted

It's the microgynon. I just to take it years ago and was fine on in. I think I'll take myself off it and see what happens. The only reason I went on it was to stop the suspect Endo pain.

• Posted

Are you, or your doctors willing to do an exploratory laproscopy? I've read it's really the only way to get a difinitive diagnosis.

I was found to have a mass, suspicious for cancer, in my left ovary. Had 2 ultrasounds, a ct scan, and an MRI, not one of them saw the football size mass in my right ovary, only until they opened me up did they find it and diagnosed me with stage 4 endometriosis. Just wanted to mention this story because scans don't always show what's going on!!

Unfortunately, the masses have come back after the surgery (they are called endometriomas/chocolate cysts).

I was taking Notrel for my endo, and my pain was 24/7, I couldn't even walk to the bathroom the pain was so bad, and my periods were coming twice a month (my doc told me to skip the sugar pills and all my periods to prevent my endo, but they still came).

I switched to a different BRAND, same med, different brand! And everything changed, I mean I still have pain and an upcoming surgery, but just the change in BC brands helped. I take Cyclofem now.

I believe with endometriosis, you are supposed to take BC that only has progesterone, but my doc gave me the one with estrogen as well, because my acne was so severe there wasn't one part of my face without a huge acne cyst.

I hope you get to the bottom of your pain, and find a doctor that will help you sooner than later, stay strong, make sure to ask the doc about appropriate blood work since you are losing all that blood sad

• Posted

Omg! I'm so sorry you've had such a s**t time of things. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. It

Means so much that people care.

I'm seeing my Dr on 14th to discuss changing pill she has mentioned the coil, because gynecologists won't see me until I've tried everything. I'm so fed up of being I'm pain and saying I'm in pain. Pain killers aren't helping! It's the frustration. Thankfully my bleeding has stopped. Just a bit of bloody discharge every now and then. But the constant discomfort is driving me insane. 😕. Thank you again for your reply. Means alot x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.