Please someone Help me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a healthy 30 year old athletic male, and eat very well.

Quick back story. I was having tingling in my head back in December and finally went to the doctor and got an MRI done which came out clear. 

Feb 1st, i was rushed to the hospital when I thought I was having a heart attack, but ended up being a Panic Attack 

Feb 14th, started having really bad chest pain every day for several weeks. Finally went and saw a GI to see if I had acid reflux.

March 17th went in for a procedure to check my stomach lining acid reflux also came clear, but was positive for H Pylori. I was put on antibiotics which I felt made me worse, because i'm very anti medicine.so I’m not sure if i put that in my head or they really made me feel bad.

March 18th, my father ended up in the ER due to the flu and was in ICU for 3 weeks and Passed on April 5th with no actual cause to why... I have been think a lot, but haven't had any panic episodes just a lot of thinking of fear. Since all my uncles passed during the age of 40 and my dad as well and my grandfather in October.  

April 17th ended up in the ER for more stomach problems, tingling in my back and stomach. Got a chest X-ray, Ultrasound of my stomach to check my liver, kidneys, stomach, and blood work all clear. And was told it was acid reflux which seems to confuse me since my GI doctor told me I didn't have acid reflux. 

Currently: I have upper abdominal pain as well as tingling (pins and needles) in my lower middle back and sometimes my stomach.

Is this all due to health anxiety or my I have an issue? I'm trying to remain calm since I have been through every test possible. I just can't seem to understand how anxiety can cause so much pain.

Please help, I want my old life back. 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It is so difficult to say but they thought I had epilepsy because I had seizures then heart arythmias! Had endoscopy, colonoscopy, ecg's and at the end of the day it was anxiety!!

You have been through so much ! It must have been awful!

If things still aren't right see your gp! You will either get a diagnosis or something will click inside you and you will realise it's stress and anxiety.

Good luck with it all and look after you.

• Posted

I know it's hard.. just want it to be over... My primary doctor told me it's anxiety, but i don't believe her. :-( or want to admit it.
  • Posted

Did you ever have any nausea before you had the hpylori test done, or any burning? I have gastritis from my anxiety and I am nauseous a lot. Sometimes hpylori causes gastritis. As for the tingling and I think you said pins and needles feelings, have you had your B12 checked lately? That's symptoms of low B12. I still think you have some anxiety too.
    • Posted

I was having only chest pain and couldn't process food properly, but didn't have any stomach pain. I was taking my antibotic during the course of my father being in the hospital and wasn't eating, so i'm assuming that's what caused my pain to get a little worse. I was also getting tingling on the left side of my arm along with jaw tightness which made me think of heart issues. But currently have the jaw tightness come and go.  I got my B-12 checked back in January, I started taking b-12 supplements, probotics, and mestic gum to see if that helps. Started working out as well and eating normal. Just stressful once one issue goes away another comes. I was also having leg tightness, but got a massage and that seem to help my legs, she also told me my whole body was tight. Just fustrating when all my results are negative. I go back next month to see if the H-Pylori cleared up.
  • Posted

Did you get retested for the clearance of the h pylori?
    • Posted

Ok you need those results could have a bit to do with what is going on. H pylori messes things up. Its not uncommon to have to redo the antibiotics and yes that can cause reflux, even if you didnt have it before,You are responding with anxiety so you most likely have two things going on at the same time.im thinking the h pylori isnt cured just yet.they will cure the h pylori however you will need to manage the anxiety. you have a lot stressful things that have been going on here. Its overwhelming and understandable so. Continue to take care of your body. Eat as balanced as you can and drink lots of water.give your self some time to process all that has happened and try very hard not to focus on what ifs and learn to take a few minutes a couple of times a day to sit down and properly slowly breathe. I had a a couole of tears where family has passed on and its stressful. If possible go and get massage twice a week for a while. Well worth the time for your body to be pampered and very healing.
    • Posted

Yea started to eat, work out, and keep myself busy it seems to be busy. Once I know if this has cleared out it will give me more peace of mind. Hoping a trip to Disney with the family will help with clearing my mind. Thank you this website has helped me overcome some fears. 
  • Posted

I think that in this case you are basing your thoughts on fact rather than fiction so I don't think you have health anxiety. Just a few problems to overcome.

rich

• Posted

Thank you. I just keep being told it's anxiety, so I overthink everything. But hopefully it will soon go away. 
  • Posted

I  have had all the symptoms you have had and I have also had all the test and they have all come back clear and it is anxiety.

The loss of your father may have made the anxiety worse,what triggered it well no one knows maybe therapy will help.

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you you are in danger when your not you have to try and fix the switch.

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Thank you. Yea it seems my head won't stop overthinking and I keep thinking of dying. But I started workingout, eating, and meditating so hopefully this will soon go away! Thank you! 
  • Posted

Just wanted to thank everyone on helping me out! Thank god for this website. After more testing I finally found out that in fact my primary doctor was wrong for telling me I have anxiety! I got a hida scan showing my gallbladder at 20% which has been causing all my pain. So follow your gut we know are body's more then anyone else. I will say i did have anxiety at some point due to things in my life, but not to the point of harsh body pain. But thanks again! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.