Please someone help me!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had constant severe abdominal pain for over a year. I've lost 53 pounds in this time. I've had constant diarrhea. Severely painful constipation with diarrhea and vomiting. The pain never stops and I feel like I'm expected to lay in bed all day and just take the pain. I've been to two GI's. I've done the BRAT diet. I've gone on a liquid diet and tapered back on to solid foods. I've taken all of there medications that don't work. I can't even take Tylenol without making the pain worse. The last time I took antibiotics for enteritis, I couldn't tolerate those either without making the pain worse. Everything hurts when I eat. Now I have to go see a surgeon for an Umbilical Hernia. I'm at my wits end and feeling desperate to where it's caused me depression. The left side of my abdomen is always swollen and tender. It hurts down into my left thigh. I've been to ER so many times, their getting tired of seeing me. Can someone please help me! This isn't getting better!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine. Have you had any tests like endoscopy, gastroscopy? I was diagnosed with Diverticular disease which is not as bad as it sounds! It's just small pouches which form on the bowel and caused me similar problems to yours. Ask for some tests and then take any advice they give you regarding diet. More fibre is usually recommended but not until the current flair, (diverticulitis), is under control. Bland, easy to digest soft foods, no nuts, seeds, pulses or wholemeal bread/cereals until it's better. Best wishes, Pollyanna UK
    • Posted

Hi Pollyanna, yes, I've had two colon and endoscopes. Both GI's said they couldn't find anything. I've also been hospitalize twice for the pain and more tests. I was told by the GI there that they found a red rash and inflammation. But my GI told me they couldn't find anything. I've been eating bland food and avoiding spices food. Why does it hurt all of the time? Everything I eat hurts and I've lost a lot of weight without trying. I've been in such horrible pain that it even hurts my left hip and my hip tingles. I can't just deal with the pain anymore and I'm tired of not getting any answers. Thank you, Pollyanna UK.
    • Posted

You could try an elimination diet but with a doctors supervision as it could cause more problems. It might show you what is causing the inflammation. Blood tests for certain food intolerances or H pylori. A breath test can show this up better I believe. If you're in USA or elswhere, things might work differently than here in UK.
    • Posted

Hi Pollyanna, I went and saw an endocrinologist today. She let me know I needed to see a new GI.
    • Posted

Good luck with the new GI. You could ask about Diverticulosis, IBS etc and get some other tests done. Hope you get to the bottom of it! lol Pollyanna UK  rolleyes
    • Posted

Thank you Pollyanna! Me too because it's just getting worse and more debilitating. 
  • Posted

Hi christine47527

Just as there is no smoke without fire....there is no pain without something causing it!! Have you had an endoscopy or a ct or ultrasound scan?....

Do you suffer with acid reflux or heartburn? If so you have similar symptoms to HPylori...have you been tested for this stomach bacteria......if not I suggest you ask your doc to refer you for a test via stool test, breath test, endoscopy or blood test.....best wishes for a speedy diagnosis.....

• Posted

Ask your doctor about IBS which can cause stomach bloating, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, pain in your joints, top of your legs and back.  It can also cause food intolerances and anxiety and depression.  Ask also for a celiac test.  

Sometimes, people vomit because of the pain. have IBS and was diagnosed last year.  I have constant stomach pain, and constipation.  I have also had pain at the top of my legs, nausea and loose stools.

Hope you get a diagnosis soon.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.