Please someone identify what these are??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had these two spots on the underside of my penis for about 6 months now, unchanging in size and never had any pain.

My local GP said they were Fordyce spots but I'm almost certain they aren't! Far too big, raised & individual. They've affected my confidence greatly...

imageimage

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

jay i totally see your concern. unfortunately not sure either. theyre surely not herpes, and with no symptoms or ordinary markings of syphilis, chlamydia, or hiv. i think youre safe in regards to stds. id get another opinion. doctors are not easily willing to mess with fordyce spots because theyre so harmful. id suggest doing some research to see what you can do natually to maybe reduce their size, for example apple cider vinegar? look into sebaceous hyperplasia as well.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes I also don't think it looks like any of the main STD's, which is why I have only tested for Chlamydia recently. I will certainly visit a Sexual Health Clinic in the near future. I'll also take a look at some home remedies like you suggest, as I thought it could be related to ingrown hairs or sebaceous glands... I just really hope they aren't permanent

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes I also don't think it looks like any of the main STD's, which is why I have only tested for Chlamydia recently. I will certainly visit a Sexual Health Clinic in the near future. I'll also take a look at some home remedies like you suggest, as I thought it could be related to ingrown hairs or sebaceous glands... I just really hope they aren't permanent

• Posted

no problem Jay. i think it would be a good idea just to get all tests for peace of mind. but like i said again, i dont think its a std of some sort. i totally understand the confidence thing but remember it is always worse when it is on your own body. have you tried popping them and do they hurt? i assume you have, because they have been there for 6 months.i dont suggest popping them but if you do, use rubber gloves, clean it with alcohol, and dont let it ooze all over. go to another dr, if they arent helpful and all your std tests come back clear. id suggest the apple cider vinegar or even going to a dermatoligist. theyre excellent and could possibly remove them if theyre benign/fordyce spots. derms are more willing to remove them, because doctors jobs are to heal people. in a drs mind, why is he going to remove harmless spots when the next patient in his office could be dying. derms are more sympathetic to strictly cosmetic issues l. best of luck

• Posted

they could just be cysts

• Posted

Hmmm if that was the case is there anyway to get rid of them without surgery?!

• Posted

since it has been 6 months with no change. its safe to say its probably not gonna go away by just hoping for it. cysts sometimes need to be drained. surgery is for cysts inside the body like on the ovaries due to the dangers of it becoming an abscess, popping internally and getting blood poisoning. now thats not what you have to worry about. no sane doctor is gonna start cutting into your member like that, its unnecessary and not for outter bumps like this.

• Posted

nor are your bumps the size where surgery would be an option in the first place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.