Please someone make me feel at ease!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So haven't been on here for a while as things seemed to be going ok. Last night I woke up absolutely boiling hot , heart felt a little string like pumping out my chest and I felt like I couldn't get a full breath.

All day today I have been lying around I have convinced myself I have heart disease as I just feel like I can't take in a full deep breath and I have pains in my chest a little and it feels tight.

I really can't be going down this road again just can't snap out of this heart disease thing , someone please let me know if this is anxiety I have had ECG about 2 weeks ago and also blood tests all fine .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hiw old are you? I ask that in case it is your hormones. Secondly are you sick or maybe coming down with something? I do not think its your heart, you have been down this road. What are you doing to help with the anxiety disorder? Do you have chamomile pure tea in your home? A cup can soothe you. Are you on any medications! 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa I'm 39.

I just use self help , I have tried medications but they don't suit me , I cannot function at work properly.

I have never experienced the shortness of breath and feeling I can't get a deep breath before with anxiety so I've convinced myself it must be heart disease.

• Posted

Sob can reltaed to low b12 and low iron, but i have no clue if you have checked this. When you inhale and exhale use your belly not your chest. That wil be very helpful. Inhale..belly exoands. Exhale belly goes in. It will feel weird at first but practice until you like it. Singers breathe like this. And its calming and you can take much deeper calmer breathes. Anxiety is lifeling but learning to manage it is extremly helpful so you can have many moments of happiness. Bellybio app can help teach you.
  • Posted

Hi Natalie!

I'm in the same boat as you are! I haven't been on here in like a while but recently my symptoms have come back. Same as before. But now I know how to manage them. They come the same way and with same force but I don't let them get me down anymore. Why? Because I've been given reassurance by about everyone that I am fine. Also I can't keep wasting money on doctors and ER lol. You are fine I bet. You just gotta remember that you've been told you are fine. smile

• Posted

Thank you , some reassurance is an amazing thing.

Well done to you, I know it's a struggle. ??

• Posted

It really is! You've been through it before. Its hard to think you are okay since the symptoms are so real but you are fine! Good luck smile

• Posted

I know exactly. What u mean

..I have been through. It for couple. Months...and the symptoms have returned...but I have learnt. Its all in your. Mind.. u will be okay.

• Posted

Yup its anxiety. Breath a sigh of relief,all your tests were good Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.