Please someone tell me if this is ‘normal’!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I found out I am almost 6 weeks pregnant however as this is my first pregnancy I am worried about the pains I am feeling and if they are normal!

I am getting pains on the insides of my thighs and down my legs that almost feels like a tingling/burning pain, I am also getting pains on both sides of where I presume my ovaries are however I am aware I have a cyst on my left ovary but my right side is also occasionally hurting? And I am experiencing pain under my breasts near my ribs and in the middle of my breasts too! I was going back and forth to the doctors about these pains before I found out I was pregnant so I’m hoping I’m just having a bad pregnancy or if it could be something more serious 😩xxx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

I would say that anything in terms of pain or discomfort when pregnant is due to being pregnant. It’s amazing which nerves are connected to random parts of your body that you never would’ve felt before falling pregnant. They can twinge, spasm, burn and it’s unexplained except for being pregnant. With my second baby, my foot became so painful I could barely walk, the dr couldn’t explain it, it disappeared as soon as I had my daughter. You will experience random aches and pains for the next 9 months I’m afraid. But if you are worried, call your midwife, they are great for reassurance.

• Posted

Thank you so much! You really have put my mind at ease! I’ve decided once I give birth I can then go back to my GP and go for tests if the pains continue! Thank you so much again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.