Please suggest help for me.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all.

I have read a lot of posts about muscle and joint pain in menopause. I just started with this horrible pain on left shoulder and shoulder blade arm 10days ago. the pain is there all the time at night I can't settle or in daytime it even hurts down my left hand side of my neck .too.

Is there anything I can do for help. I had loads of blood tests all ok.

Angela

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

An epsom salt bath usually does the trick. If you don't have a bathtub, you can pour some in a bowl with some hot water wet a towel with the water, lay it on your back or pour the water over you. I did this two days in a row and my pain was gone. Hope this helps you as it did me if you do it.

• Posted

angela, I sympathise with you because I had this and I had it a long time, before I finally saw the right people for relief.  it started suddenly for me, pain in left shoulder and down arm.  It turned out to be tendonitis which is common in peri.  But it took me a long time to discover this although I kept telling doctors that it was drop in hormones that started it.   This is actually coming from your neck. Just below back of neck on the left side, the muscle there.  See an orthopedic doctor who can manoeuvre it for you.  It worked for me (have to admit I still had the niggly pains for a good few months after, but it did help greatly).  Don't suffer with this.  Take omega 3 supplement and magnesium also.  It is a horrible pain, I ended up not being able to move it at all, for months on end.  It's unfortunately tendons affected by dropping hormones, but get it checked early.

• Posted

Thank you metamorphed, I really needed to hear that!

I've been having problems for 18 months or more, all my old injuries coming back to haunt me, neck, BOTH shoulders, right foot and knees. I have had blood tests ('all clear' - whatever that meansrolleyes) I eat a good diet and take magnesium supplements - among others.

Very recently the pain has ramped up a notch and now my hands are hurting (and not just the slightly arthritic fingers)

My GP's have been less than useless and can only offer Ibuprofen which I won't take because I don't want my stomach wrecking.

I suggested to them that it might be tendonitis (multiple joints) due to hormone changes - 'oh, no, no, no, (ha,ha) it's probably rheumatism OR arthritis'.

Epsom salt baths do work and help you to sleep. But the effects have worn off by morning.

I am supposed to be seeing an orthopedic surgeon SOMETIME (NHS) but that is just for my right shoulder which WAS frozen, now just bxxxxy painful.

It doesn't make tha pain go away but it was SO good to hear you say that. God bless you, you've made my day.

• Posted

I agree Epsom salt bath or maybe magnesium oil. Hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

Hi Angela. Is it burning pain like sunburn? Do you have any rash/spots/blisters in the same area? Have you also had headaches alongside the pain? The reason I ask, is  I had burning pain like sunburn start 10days ago & then spotty rash started to appear 5 days later & headaches from the start - after a visit to the docs - I have shingles & am on anti viral meds now to try to stop it getting worse. Just maybe worth me mentioning to you in case it's shingles. (hope its not). x

• Posted

I had similar pains two years ago, made worse by excessive gardening, till I couldn't sleep. Lost strength in my grip. A chiropractor and Pilates helped me to feel better. Alternating heat and ice packs may help for immediate relief.

• Posted

Hi. No the pain was in the space between my spine and shoulder blade. An intense burning nagging pain, then it radiated across my shoulder and arm. Painkillers didn't help at all. Then it affected my grip between thumb and forefinger. I think it was the C6 and T1 vertebrae that were affected. I'd probably over done things, gardening, tree chopping and carrying sleepy grandchild. I've learnt to respect my body and look after it more as I've got older!

• Posted

This was on my right side. Then I got pain in my neck on the left, like my head was too heavy for my body. Probably over compensating for the damage on my right shoulder blade. 
    • Posted

I would like to try Pilates. There just isn't much around here. .thanks

• Posted

Could you try Pilates watching on you tube. My teacher practices..body control pilates..the founder is lynn robinson. This is a gentle form of pilates so not too much worry of hurting yourself. There are some good exercises to try if you can google it on you tube. I found it very boring at first but you soon feel the benefits. It helps with posture and correct positioning of shoulders and back.

A chiropractor website will give you lots of information on how our lifestyles damage our neck and spine. texting and computer work encourage us to stoop which is bad!

Hope you can find something to help you.

• Posted

I had similar aches in shoulders/ neck along with my hands ,knees and anckles. Upon blood test results I was low in vitamin D and my Dr.prescribed 1200 mg. Of vitamin D daily. It has reduced the aches and pains significantly and I believe in a few months all pain will be gone. I hope you find relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.