Please tell me someone else has these symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking omeprazole for 5 weeks now not much change I still wake in morning to constant burping all day to the point I start gagging pain in top of stomach chest and shoulder I also swallow a lot and have a very yellow tongue. The worst symptom I have been getting is that I start to feel a bit faint/lightheaded at times usually about once or twice a day(does anyone else suffered this) and my stomach feels empty even when I've only eaten hr or so before.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi lynsey, do u feel pressure at the back of your neck and head as well? i always have yellow toungue..pressure in the head and eyes, sinus and has blurry vision..maybe because of anxiety and gerd...i think you have anxiety as well..
    • Posted

Yeah sometimes I have pressure in head and ears. I have been suffering with anxiety for few months due to my symptoms
    • Posted

i got an appoinment to a gp on monday to get my blood works result and i hope they will come back normal hopefully..i really worried about pressure in the head and dizziness everyday..it  really change my life now..i cant do my daily routine well its terrible

• Posted

I feel the same I'm at doctor on Tuesday to see what I can do. I was anemic back in January so started taking iron tablets this is what I think has ruined my stomach and caused the anxiety but I can't stop taking them for another 3 months. I hope you get some answers.
  • Posted

Hi,  my symptoms become more accute when I am anxious.? Acid reflux will flare  up, the cough start, clearing my throat constantly and I  can feel sick...... until it passes...... !
  • Posted

Hi. Why not get advice from a gastrointernologist? He may advise you to do an endoscopy. Meet a gastrointernologist soon. I do not want to scare you. This may be nothing important. But the sooner you see the doctor, the better.

By the way, if you are advised to take PPIs for a very long time, you should do an endoscopy every several years, because PPIs appear to make things better superficially, and the patients feel they are healed and do not carry on surveilence (endoscopy), which may result in worse conditions than when you carry on surveilance.

Search "heartburn meds tied to cancer dr blair jobe". Read the entire article. This is not to scare you. This is just to say that you need to be cautious when you are prescribed a PPI for many years. The wise choice - as Dr. Joe says - is to do an endoscopy every several years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.