Please Think Before You Do

Posted , 10 users are following.

Good morning or evening.  Where ever you are.  I live in Orlando Fl and it's 2:30 AM Can't sleep.  So I went on the internet to see if I can find out some information.  I want to find out after a surgery like Turp, Laser or any procedure that cuts out the prostate after 20 or 30 years will the ejaculatory ducts or bladder neck repair itself. ( I know the prostate will keep growing why not the other stuff )  You can't find a thing out on this.  I had to get off because it was getting me depressed.  All I found were post where men were complaining about there prostate surgery I will not name them.  But it the top 5 surgery.  All had the same complaint.  Retro ejaculation and that they never work because of other problems.  I read 60 of them and all said the same thing.  None of the doctor told them about it.  Some men were told they would have less semen not no semen.  Or the doctor would say you don't need it and it only a 1% chance.  And all will be the same.  The one man that the doctor said 1% the man told his doctor he had retro.  All the doctor did was chuckled and said I guess your in the 1% club.  I had to get off of that site.  Men are so depressed that they don't want to have sex anymore and they want to casetrate there doctors.  Some ever said that they what to die. I don't want that for anyone.  They were making me more depressed. Out of the 60 there was only one men that said that he was ok with it.  He was 70 and a widower.  These were not just straight men there were some gay men on this post also.  A few of them lost there partners because of there surgerys.  Another thing that I read in these post were that the men never researched it.  They never looked into it.  These post were from 2010 to 2016.  There were hundreds of them  I could not read anymore.  The main thing men.   Please read up on any procedure you have.   Make sure it is your prostate before you have surgery on it.  Alot of the men found out that they had bladder problems and it was not there prostate. but bladders were not tested The doctor just told them they needed surgery and they had it.  No research or second opinion.  Men life is to short to just listen to a doctor he is just a man.  Well educated I give you but you are the one that will have to deal with the side effects.  He only tells you what he think will fix your problem.  He really does not know if it will until it's done.  No one man is the same and no one procedure is the same...........................................  I just had a picture come into my head.  Does anyone remember.    The Ice Pirates ( 1984 )  The scene in it of mass castraction  That what come to mind when I read some of the post.  To some doctor your just a number and they do it over and over.  Please get the information on the procedure you pick before you have any surgery.  I know I am only one man but I do care about my fellow men and what happens to them.  We all need to stick together and talk about our feeling and ask question.  Years ago our fathers never talk about that area.  That was never a subject that you talked about in a bar having a  beer. ** Hey Jim how's your prostate **  You get a punch in the nose.   We have come alone way that we can now talk to our friends.   We are here to help one another.  God bless you all.  If you need any help looking something up let me know  3 or 4 heads are better then 1.  I may find something that you overlooked.  Well time to go to sleep I am going to take a few asprin and see if I can get rid of this headache.  Take care all  KEN .      

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Ken,

i had my urolift around the same time as you and it started going south after about 6 mos.     just waiting and watching now to attempt at making the right move.

ccurrently I am 100% dependent on CIC,    Took myself off Tamsulosin about 2 mos ago,   It helped but still had to self cath to get empty anyways,       One thing is for sure,  even tho I have to carry around the compact,  ( which is no effort,).  I have great erections and great ejaculations and my libido ( sex drive)  is very strong.    I will be 59 next month and just wondering if I should just stay where I am or go for some kind of procedure.      I will say that the urolift never affected sex drive, erections or never any  r e.    So kinda leaning towards finding a Uro who has mega experience with urolift and go for it 1 more time.      Like a lot of men here, just waiting and wondering!

Thankful we have option tho!     Anthony 

• Posted

Hey Anthony.  I think I remember you before.  How many implants did you have.  I think I told you that you may need more.  I had 4 and they worked for me I know a few have had it done before and had to go back for more and now there fine.  I think you should fine another  doctor and have it done again.  I would do it again if I had do. I will be 62 in August.  My erection are not that bad and my doctor and I are working to make them better.  They are good enough for oral and mastubating.  Just had blood work done Very low level tesosterone and I have high blood pressure and I'm a diabete.  But I can tell you when I do have a orgasm they are very intense.  They were good before but better after the urolift.  I asked my urologist and he did not know why but he thinks it has something to do with the implants holding the prostate.  I will keep it that way.  Take care and let me know what you decide.  Don't let anyone talk you into having any other surgery..Take later  Ken  

• Posted

Click on the picture below, my friend, and you'll be able to see why so many guys' ejaculatory ducts are sacrificed.  Where those glands are anastomosed (connected) to the prostatic urethra, one can see how vulnerable they are to a rotating blade.  No expert here, but my best guess tells me that it's the scar tissue of healing that closes them off.  And if you think about it, there aren't very many procedures that will spare the ejaculatory ducts, save for a Urolift and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Rezum.

• Posted

Doesn't it seem that if scar tissue blocks the ducts there would be no semen at all? With retro ejaculations the semen backs up into the bladder and comes out in the urine.

• Posted

Good evening Alan.  Can you tell me where you got that picture.  Never seen anything like that.  All the ones that I saw the ejaculatory duct and the seminal gland is more in the middle of the left side of the prostate.  When they do most of the procedure that distroy the opening of the duct But they distroy the bladder neck so it does not close when we have the orgasm and the ejaculation goes to the nearist open when is the bladder because the neck does not close.  I wish more men would like things up like you and gett he information.  I will never have any procedure that will take away by ejaculation.  It's my life  Ken   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.