Plequenil and neuropathy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello.

Hello. Is there anyone who take plequenil and suffers from neuropathy? Does the drug help you or make it worse? I take plequenil for a week and it seems like it make my neuropathy so bad and I read that plequenil can cause neuropathy.

I really don't know what to do

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Been diagnosed about 8 months. Started on Plaquinel at that time and it has made my neuropathy much better.  Definitely helped my dry mouth and eye symptoms also.  Rheumatologist immediately suggested gluten free diet which is an anti inflammatory diet and between diet change and Plaquinel my symptoms have been reduced.  Also diet change helped with osteoarthritis pain also.  Best of luck.
    • Posted

Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. How the plequenil helps you with the neuropathy?

You dont feel neuropathic pain, tingling and numbness?

• Posted

And what about the pain? BTW, do you take also Lyrica or something like that?
  • Posted

I have fibromyalgia also, so I do have pain, but not from the neuropathy.  With the fibro pain I just use stretching, massage and pressure points on muscles.  I really don't take anything for pain.  They have so many side affects I try to do without.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.