Pls help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello dear helpers I will like know how effective are painkiller suppository on anal fissure cos any painkiller taken by mouth don't have any effect.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I used one and it hurt- the pain whilst it was melting was worse - codeine worked for me however you must take laxatives if you take them 

Also when I was admitted into hospital with the pain o was discharged with oramorph ( liquid morphine )

• Posted

Are we talking over the counter painkillers?
    • Posted

Sorry I forgot the suppository part. I didn't use them too painful. If you can get your hands on some vicodin though, that would help. What are you doing to treat the fissure?

• Posted

You can get co- codamol 8/500 however they didn’t touch me 

Zapain 30/500 from the dr did the trick 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.