Pls help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since November I have felt so ill anxiety panic attacks every hour in and out of emergency I passed out I’ve felt fatigued and have had depersonalization and derealization got a cat scan everything was good got blood work everything was good except my iron and vitamin d were low any one else pls help I feel hopeless and I’ll never get better

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had low iron, low vit D and fatigue, depression and anxiety. It turned out it was b12 deficiency. B12 is a very important vitamin and b12 deficiency is usually associated with anemia. My b12 level was 200. Even after a month of suplementation. The lower  range is too low. B12 is not toxic. Please check your levels. Good luck. 🍀 

• Posted

I had low iron, low vit D and fatigue, depression and anxiety. It turned out it was b12 deficiency. B12 is a very important vitamin and b12 deficiency is usually associated with anemia. My b12 level was 200. Even after a month of suplementation. The lower  range is too low. B12 is not toxic. Please check your levels. Good luck. 🍀 

• Posted

Hey,

Have you tried sublingual lozenges of B12 in the form of methylcobalamin? These have been very effective at treating my deficiency even better than injections. I took 5000mcg of methylcobalamin lozenges sublingually for 2 months. 

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi,

I’m sorry you had to go through that and I wish you a speedy recovery.

It appears that most of your symptoms are of psychiatric nature, and according to my experience, B12 deficiency can cause horrible psychiatric symptoms from depression, anxiety, psychosis to hallucinations. The the fix is usually pretty simple; B12 shots or B12 lozenges. Do you know your current B12 levels? According to Sally Pacholok, author of Could It Be B12, levels should be greater than 550 pg/ml. 

Quoted from her book:

“Among the most common psychiatric symptoms seen in people with B12 deficiency are the following:

• confusion/disorientation

• memory loss

• depression

suicidal ideations

• mania

• anxiety

• paranoia

• irritability

apathy

• personality changes

• inappropriate sexual behavior

• delusions

• hallucinations

• violent/aggressive behavior

• schizophrenic symptoms

• sleep disturbances

• insomnia

• changes in taste, smell, vision, and sensory/motor function that can be mistaken for psychiatric problems”

“At this time, we believe normal serum B12 levels should be greater than 550pg/ml. For brain and nervous system health and prevention of disease in older adults, serum B12 levels should be maintained near or above 1,000 pg/ml.”

Excerpt From: Sally M. Pacholok & Jeffrey J. Stuart. “Could It Be B12?.” 

• Posted

My comment is being moderated, and until it gets cleared, let me sum it up, Imayneedb12 got it right, it could be b12 since according to many health experts, b12 deficiency causes a host of psychiatric symptoms, and upon treatment most of the symptoms if not all will go away. 

Taken from Could it be b12: “At this time, we believe normal serum B12 levels should be greater than 550pg/ml. For brain and nervous system health and prevention of disease in older adults, serum B12 levels should be maintained near or above 1,000 pg/ml.”

• Posted

There is a group on Facebook. Search vitamin d deficiency uk brhey have been really helpful. We all have similar symptoms and when your levels get up you will feel better. Hang in there. Get on D 3 daily. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.