Pluersey

Posted , 11 users are following.

well the infection is back ,,,,copd nurse rang to say I need to go back on the antibiotics,,,,,I told her about the pain and she made me an urgent appointment with GP,,,,he was brilliant ,,,I told him I dint think my body can take any more of these antibiotics and anti sickness pills for another 2 weeks ,,so he rang the laboratory and spoke to the technician who came up with an antibiotic that I can take just 1a day for 3 days and the sickness pills ,,,,then I told him the doctor about the pain in my left side ,,,after a THOUROUGH examination he said he thinks it's pleuracy,,,,,,and sent me off fir a chest X-ray ,,,,,,and if I get any worse to ring him but he did say it would probably mean hospital stay ,,,,so everything crossed these 3 magic pills will help,,,,,I'll let you know ,,,

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Nanny, I am so glad you have such s brilliant Doctor. I am sending good wishes and hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

He is brilliant ,always taken great care of me ,,,,I'm very lucky to have such a great team ,,,,not forgetting my hubby 
  • Posted

Pleurisy is very painful. sad

Things will be more specific once the xrays results are known.

Important to drink sufficient water...it will help keep you stronger.

Hope  you feel better really soon.

Lill

• Posted

Thank you ,wait 10 days for X-ray results ,,you'd think they could just come up on a computer ,,, but at least we know what we are dealing with. ,and yes I will drink plenty don't worry ,
  • Posted

Hope you get sorted and are on the mend soon, it's so disheartening getting one infection after anothr, good luck x
    • Posted

I've lost count of the different antibiotics I've had since beginning of December,,,,hope these 3 pills are magic ones 
    • Posted

I had pleurisy when I was very young, now that I recall. It was very painful. It lasted several weeks. I hope your treatment works out and you are soon on the mend.
  • Posted

Hi Nanny

Just want to say I hope you feel better soon, and can rid of the awful pain you are in.

Take care

Jo xx

• Posted

Hi Nanny,

I am so sorry for your difficulties.  I hope those magic pills help you!  I have had pleurisy and it is painful!  You must be strong to endure all that you endure.  I am thinking about you and sending you strength.

Dawn, USA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.