plugged feeling in upper chest with frequent throat clearing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 43 years old the symtoms ive had are a plugged feeling/fullness feeling in the chest sometimes it feels like something is stuck in the chest and feels as though I have labored breathing even though my test came back normal.#2 sometimes it feels like my throat or esophagus is tightening and I also have had throat clearing.#3 my blood pressure most of the time is in the 150's. #4 sometimes I feel a head pressure or a tightness mostly in the front of the head. #5 sometimes I get these involuntary limb movements during sleep and stickly lips over  night. #6 sometimes  my hands get numb during sleep. #7 the back of my neck gets stiff up to the middle of the back of my head. oh forgot to mention that sometimes I get stomach fullness too. these are the test I had with my PRIMARY DOCTOR. #1 stress test= normal #2 breathing test= normal and a round of antibiotics such as levoflocacin 500mg. these are tests ive had done with my CARDIOVASCULAR DOCTOR. #1 chest x ray =normal #2 stress test with echo = normal #3 24 hour sleep study with holster = normal #4 numorus ekg's = normal #5 nuclear stress test = normal. these are the test ive had done with my G.I. DOCTOR #1 upper endoscopy = they found h-pylori and took anti biotics for 14 days. then I saw a sleep doctor and was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WITH THE SAME SYMTOMS THESE DOCTORS CAN;T FIND ANYTHING WRONG PLEASE HELP!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for pulmonary embolism or emboli? I had this weird feeling in my throat like there was something stuck, I also had unexplained central abdominal discomfort then bad pain, pins and needles at night, electric shock feelings through my body waking me up, the feeling like I couldn’t take a deep breath in, dizziness, chest pain and palpitations. I also got really hot and sweaty in the heat and really shivery and teeth chattery in the cold. I had an ECG, chest X-ray, echocardiogram that pulse oximeter thing all say I was normal, I went to get a CT scan privately after reading up about pulmonary embolisms and I was diagnosed with multiple pulmonary emboli.  I have mild sleep apnea too and there is a link to PEs and sleep apnea. Ask for a D-dimer blood test if you haven’t already had one.
    • Posted

hey moon thanks for the reply I will look into that and keep me posted and I will do the same

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.