Plz help! Persistent rash, honestly driving me insane, its itchy!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i noticed a rash a months and months ago and im now getting so concerned about it its mentally breaking me.

Im so self conscious about it that it really is affecting my life.

Every day i worry about it and question what it could be ... Aids to cancer ive thought about it and unfortunately the internet is a scary place to look for answers.

I got std checked straight away and the dr said no problems with blood results but could be molescum and so began to burn them out. This didnt work ! They kept coming back month after month and the burning has just left me with scars . I went to see me gp at this time and they said its not that, looks more like exma. So i stoped the burning treatment and i still i have this rash. No spots or anything on my private parts (sorry for tmi) but does feel a bit itchy.

Its itchy and new spots seam to come up daily. Somedays worse than others for no apparent reason. At first they was smaller now they seam to be appearing larger and thus making me think whatever it is its getting worse.

Ive tried everything to get rid of them. Zerocream, zeroderm, sudocream .. nothing works! I got experamental and found antibacterial hand gel and its the only thng that seamed to make a difference. But seamed to be tempary fix and tbh i thibk it only looked better cause was healing where i was scratching better.

I am a little over weight and my diet isnt perfect but much improved to what it was. My lifestyle isnt even that bad (compared to what it was) im an ex smoker and i do excersize. And in terms of washing powder, now using detol antibacterial. Nothing makes no difference.

Its not coconut as was using coconut shampoo and stoped this after reading online it can caise a reaction. So doesnt seam to alter whatever i you to wash including the zeroderm.

Ive been to the gp and they just gave me more cream even tho it does nothing. I insisted that i be refeared to a demertoligist and have an appointment next week where i will be showing this post as an account of whats going on.

Even something as awful as cancer rashes wouldnt the cream make a difference.? So nervous for my appointment

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can you provide a photo? There are literally hundreds of reasons for rashes so without a picture it’s impossible to say. 
  • Posted

Don’t get nervous hun. I understand reading online topics  about scary articles can give us real nightmare. I myself am going through such fear with some skin condition. I am sure your condition is nothing cancerous because had anything  sinsister happened to your skin you would have lost lots of weight in quick succession  and would feel feverish all the time.  Besides GPs are very much knowledgeable about serousness of any diseases. If they would think  to the slightliest that you have something really to concern about they would send you straight to the hospital for emergency dermatologist appointment to look at it. So don’t worry just relax until you see your Dermatologist. Take my word it’s nothing dengerous. If Possible you can upload some pics so that people can give you idea what that could be. I don’t even know how to upload though. Anyway bold courage you will be fine. 
  • Posted

Early psoriasis , scabies ?

Pure Shea butter can relieve the itches.

After you put ice on the skin does it feel better ?

• Posted

One way to tell if it’s scabies is if it’s on your fingers and under your feet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.