plz help someone losing my mind! so scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have anxiety and ocd intrusive thoughts and have been on sertraline for 7 years which gave me heartburn at high doses so i was

Put on citalopram for 6 weeks didn't work, I then went onto fluvoxamine have been on these for 3 days now, I feel terrible anxiety, worry, I cant sleep, cant eat, my head is all

Over the place im sweating all the time. I tried getting in touch with my doctor on Friday to see if I could just go back on my old

Medication sertraline but nobody got back

To me, I cant stand being like this for the next few days, its bank holiday as well, I feel

Like im going insane, cant stop crying. Have my CBT appt again Tuesday i feel like a burden on my doctors. I just cant think of what

To do with myself!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Try and stay calm Donna. It's the tablets babe. You are not insane you are just experiencing the side effects. You are so strong you got this. Phone the OCD Helpline I find them amazing xxxxxx lots of love xxxxxx you are not alone xx
    • Posted

Just don't know what to do with myself kim, I body is shaking with anxiety its been a long time since I have felt

This way I don't know what's

Happened, feel awful thinking nothing is going to work! X cant concentrate

On anything x

• Posted

Donna, I'm assuming you're in the UK. If you are, both SANE (the mental health charity) and the Samaritans have 24/7 crisis lines, where you can talk to someone anonymously. Sometimes just hearing a human voice on the line can help, and the SANE counsellors will be able to give you some helpful tips on coping too. The Samaritans number is on the front page of their website. If you google SANE and mental health you'll find their site. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find their help line under Emotional Support.

If you're outside the UK, there's sure to be at least one crisis line available in your country, either specifically for mental health or for general emotional support. Don't hesitate to call them as often as you feel you need to.

Just hang in there for a bit longer.

• Posted

Are you in UK? You could ring NHS direct

Who will then decide if you should be seen

By the out of hours doctor or they could do

You a few days worth of medication to get

You through until you can see/speak to your doctor.

Kate X

• Posted

Hi Katz I have been given fluoxetine and told to stop taking fluvoxamine as it

Is having and adverse affect. I just feel really poorly anxiety, I'm worried I'm going to be thinking like this forever, what happens of cbt doesn't work? And I'm stuck with these thoughts for the rest of my life? X

• Posted

How are you feeling? Hopefully a little better

X

• Posted

Dear Donna , Im sorry to hear about you not been well. My dear why did you take off from sertraline ? this shall not be tapered off so easily ... as it may cause withdrawal effects too ! Citalopram otoh takes time to make its effect. The sweating u had been having recently is due to fluvoxamine you had been taking lately . Its a very fine difference of neurotransmitters that may bring about a major behavioral change in you. Try shifting back to sertraline with your psychiatrist advise and wish you all the best.

• Posted

Thank you for everyone's replies, I have an appt with an out of hours doctor tonight, my sertraline dose was reduced to 100mg after the higher doses were giving me heartburn, which is why I was then prescribed citalopram then fluvoxamine. I felt ok on sertraline but when my dose was reduced my

Symptoms started coming back

Which is how everything stemmed

From that. I'm just scared I'm never going to feel normal again.

• Posted

How did you get on at your doctors

Appointment? I'm hoping you are

Feeling better today!

Kate.

X

• Posted

I'm glad to see you have an appointment😊

Hopefully this time tomorrow you will

Feel so much better! Thinking of you 😊

Kate.

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.