PMDD, crazy hormones.. can fluoxetine overpower?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! Just needing some reassurance really. I've had s terrible year since coming off contraception and have developed PMDD and OCD it's been a nightmare. My hormones are crazy. I have loads of physical symptoms too.

Anyway just looking for some positive stories of getting better from PMDD with the help of meds? I've been on flux for 9 weeks now and not feeling any better especially around my period. I did start really low on 5mgs and have only just got to 20 and have been on that for 1.5 weeks. I have my period and am feeling terrible and like I will never get better!

Thank you

Pip

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

4 to 5 weeks before Prozac dose is felt and it will get worse before better, trust me. Half life of Prozac longer than any there anti depressants,
  • Posted

Oh Pip, I'm so sorry! I was hoping this month might be better for you. Maybe once the 20 mgs get settled you will finally see some improvement? Xxx

• Posted

Thanks Jennifer. Yes my period is being very light and not like my period at all. Weird. Probably due to the hormonal stuff I had going on before meds.. how are you doing?? Xx
    • Posted

I'm actually having to come off of the fluoxetine. It just hasn't been very good for me. I saw a cardiologist today and he's pretty certain that it's causing my palpitations/irregular heartbeat that I've recently developed. So....after trying hard with it for 10 weeks, I'm going to start weaning this weekend.

I hope that you can find a good balance. My hormones haven't been the same since starting the fluox. I'm hoping they'll settle back down when it's out of my system.

Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.