PMDD (Premenstrual dysphoric disorder) / EXTREME PMS

Posted , 5 users are following.

anyone suffered with PMDD? OR get EXTREMLEY depressed and anxious before theyre period? i get basically the S word (csnt say it else itll take ages to get approved), i completely change from happy to depressed and in tears for says thinking my precious little girl and partner would be better off etc

what helped you? cant take SSRIS as they triggered it for me, i have a 3 year old and partner and this has been going on for 10 months and im not sure how much longer i can cope, it all started when i had a bad reaction to an SSRI that was given for sleep by a stupid Dr.

im on no meds at the moment and dont want to be after what theyve caused, im on progesterone only pill called cerezette which ive been on for 2 years, no issues before i was put on meds.

should i try combined pill? i just want my life back 😭😭😭😭😭😭

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been to the doctors so many times and he keeps dismissing me saying its just PMS! every month around same time I get panic attacks short of breath my ibs plays up my herd lays up I get really angry and achy arms and legs I kept note since aug and it's always when I'm ovulating up until my period sometimes until after my period. I've had my thyroid checked twice that's normal

• Posted

same like me! before my period sometimes a week before period, i feel so down. constant panic attack, insomnia, super anxious.

but for you does your symptoms go away when the period comes or it continues?

i too have a 3 years old and some nights its hard for me to control. chamomile tea helps me alot and also lavendar oil. distracting myself by doing other things helps along too.

sending love and hugs!

• Edited

Hi, girl!

I've read a few of your posts and i 100% relate. After having my baby I developed post menstrual dysphoric disorder. They put me on Zoloft, 50mg which caused me to completely lose it. Existential questions, dissociations, S ideations, feeling like my baby wasn't mine, like I was in a movie etc. It was HORRIBLE. Zoloft made it worse for sure. I was in that state for 1 month but slowly I got better but I would still have episodes at least every month of panic, dissociations and sadly everyday I still have existential dread or questions. I stopped Zoloft 12 days ago. I finally found a psychiatrist that validated my experience and confirmed that Zoloft caused this, that zoloft does increase dissociation and S ideations in some people. For PPMD I went on the combo pill, its called Allesse. What you went through is horrific and I feel close to you and feel for you. I am also a young mother, I am 24 and im so sad that you had to suffer like that. But your story helps me feel like I am not alone. I would love to know how you are doing now. How are you, are you back to feeling like yourself? What has helped? Would love to connect with you. What happened to us is unacceptable and outrageous. Sending so much love to you and your precious family ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.