PMR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone help with explaining the different readings between ESR and CRP.  For instance my ESR can go down to 34 (ref 1 -35)

from being high at 79 and my CRP is H 38.6  mg/l  (ref: 0.0 - 5.0), from being high in the 80's 4 months ago. I realise CRP is inflammation marker.  What I am asking,  what is the difference between a lower ESR and having a high CRP on same blood test?  or what could be the meaning of this?

My Dr could not explain this to me, maybe it makes little difference having one high and one low etc.

Track

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

what is a "normal " CRP??

• Posted

You have to look on your lab report to see what YOUR lab uses as normal range - it varies depending on the lab and units used. But as MrsO says is generally below 5.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.