pmr and green tea ??????????

Posted , 11 users are following.

is it coincidece  or not,  i am on  my second week of drinking green  5/6 cups per day. and not a pain in my body  not even  the lower back pain  which i have been complaining about for weeks,   i went for a shoulder injection on  tuesday this week so that will cancel the shouder pain out.  i still prefer  my yorkshire tea  for taste, but if  gren tea is sorting  my pain out. i will stick to it.  any comennts      i have posted this  a coupke of minutes since but  didnt go through,

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

pat did the shoulder pain come back too

• Posted

Hi Pauline, my shoulder pain alternates.  I have lymphyodema in my left arm, have had it for years and years (don't know what caused it)  I went privately to get the injection and after ultra scan the Rheumie said to me that the tendons (I think)  they were fraying.  So my discomfort comes and goes.  Regards Pat

• Posted

sorrt to hear that pat. as we dont have enough with pmr   keep well

look after yourself xx

• Posted

Thanks Pauline and you too look after yourself.  Remember there is only one you - be kind to yourself.  

Regards Pat

• Posted

There have been studies showing that green tea is an effective antioxidant.  But so is regular black tea, although not quite as much.  We've also been told that adding milk destroys the good compounds in tea, but apparently this is not really true, provided the tea does not sit for a long time before you drink it.  So, drink your tea, it is good for you, even your Yorkshire tea (my choice these days too, coincidentally) but it won't do much for PMR.?

• Posted

Great that you are experiencing less pain, always good to hear! Just a little word of caution. I've read that too much green tea can damage your kidneys as it can overwork them, no scientific backup to this only 'something I read'! So maybe 3 or 4 cups instead of 5 or 6!😊

• Posted

I believe you are right.  Several websites recommend about 3 cups per day, although they also caution that there is a lot af variability in content and bioavailability of the active compounds.  Liver damage can be caused by overdose.
  • Posted

thanks for all your replies.lovely peopple
  • Posted

It is a coinsidence... I live in Japan and drink green tea every day... I drunk it before PMR and I drink it now ... I have not noticed any impact

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.